DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Met security guard ‘ruins’ romantic wedding proposal by ordering kneeling groom to ‘get up’

August 21, 2026
in News
Met security guard ‘ruins’ romantic wedding proposal by ordering kneeling groom to ‘get up’

They propose getting a life!

A young couple’s romantic marriage proposal at the Metropolitan Museum of Artwas ruined when a killjoy security guard interrupted — and ordered the groom-to-be, who was on bended knee, to “stand up,” viral video shows.

Lina, who said she’s lawyer, was standing happily with her boyfriend in front of the stained glass section of the Big Apple museum, when he popped the question, according to footage she posted on Instagram last week.

proposal
A Met Museum security guard orders a kneeling groom to “get up” during a wedding proposal at the New York City museum. instagram/livinwithlina_

As she reached into the box to take the ring, the guard swooped in and spoiled their special moment, she said.

“He’s being rude and condescending and telling us to get up,” Lina fumed.  “I’m really upset about my proposal being ruined.”

The self-appointed romance police cited a non-existent rule about engagements being forbidden at the venerable house of art, she said.

“He started off by saying proposals aren’t allowed (they are) and for my friend to stop filming,” Lina wrote in the post.

She described the footage as, “When an incel security guard tries to ruin your engagement but its ok b/c I’m going to marry the love of my life.”

She said her fiancee, who wasn’t named, was  “going through every emotion” as the unbelievable interruption unfolded — and that they later went to Shake Shack to calm down.

proposal
The couple later left the Met and went to Shake Shack. instagram/livinwithlina_

Observers were outraged by the wedding-proposal crasher.

“I’m honestly astonished by what happened at the @metmuseum. The security guard could have allowed the moment to unfold, then privately explained the museum’s policy afterward,” one person commented.

“I understand the importance of rules, policies, and doing your job. But discretion matters too. Interrupting and potentially ruining a once-in-a-lifetime moment in the name of enforcing a rule only makes the public’s relationship with people in those positions more difficult.”

Lina
Lina said she and her fiance still plan to get married. instagram/livinwithlina_

Another added, “There literally hundreds of posts of people proposing at the met in the last 5 years.” 

“I hope this employee was addressed,” a third wrote

Despite the interruption,  the couple — native New Yorkers who met at the museum a few years ago — still plan to get married,  aid Lina, who didn’t mention her last name.

“Of course it would be my luck that this type of person is on a power trip that day and tried to ruin a once in a lifetime moment,” she said.

The Met didn’t immediately return The Post’s request for comment Friday. 

Lina, whose footage had raked in more than 55,000 views on Instagram, also didn’t return an email from The Post.

The post Met security guard ‘ruins’ romantic wedding proposal by ordering kneeling groom to ‘get up’ appeared first on New York Post.

Todd Blanche’s blunders become podcaster’s secret weapon to blow up Trump’s slush fund
News

Todd Blanche’s blunders become podcaster’s secret weapon to blow up Trump’s slush fund

by Raw Story
August 21, 2026

Attorney General Todd Blanche’s efforts to talk the Anti-Weaponization Fund to death without committing to it in writing have handed ...

Read more
News

‘Spider-Man’ Is a $940 Million Streaming Revenue Engine | Charts

August 21, 2026
News

Mexican governor, indicted by U.S. on charges of collaboration with drug cartel, is back in office

August 21, 2026
News

Jim Acosta pinpoints jarring moment nearly everyone skipped over in Trump-Cohen interview

August 21, 2026
News

Wild gaffe as Trump threatens to unleash military on sluggish bond market

August 21, 2026
Stone Brewing lays off employees as it moves production away from Southern California

Stone Brewing lays off employees as it moves production away from Southern California

August 21, 2026
Alex Jones’ $50 Million Sandy Hook Judgment Slashed by Texas Appeals Court

Alex Jones’ $50 Million Sandy Hook Judgment Slashed by Texas Appeals Court

August 21, 2026
Meghan Markle eyeing role in Guy Ritchie’s ‘The Gentlemen’ ahead of UK return

Meghan Markle eyeing role in Guy Ritchie’s ‘The Gentlemen’ ahead of UK return

August 21, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026