DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Mob of looters wanted after ransacking same East LA AutoZone twice in 24 hours

August 20, 2026
in News
Mob of looters wanted after ransacking same East LA AutoZone twice in 24 hours

Police widened their search for even more suspected looters who rampaged through an AutoZone in East Los Angeles twice in less than 24 hours.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department on Wednesday released pictures of 14 additional suspects they say forced their way into the store on South Atlantic Boulevard around 3:30 am on Sunday August 9.

Suspect with long dark hair, wearing a pink crop top and a denim mini skirt, holding a phone.
Police widened their search for 14 more suspected looters who rampaged through an AutoZone in East Los Angeles.
Suspect wearing a black t-shirt with a white graphic on the chest, covering their face with the shirt and holding an item.
The criminal free-for-all unfolded alongside street takeovers near Olympic and Atlantic boulevards. Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Dept

The sheriff’s office previously shared photos of 16 suspects allegedly involved in the “coordinated, mob-like burglary of the store.”

It resulted in significant loss and damage to the place, according to the sheriff’s department. 

Investigators said the suspects may have also “participated in the previous day’s burglary at the same location which occurred during a street takeover” less than 24 hours earlier.

Collage of seven surveillance images of suspects wanted for burglary.
Collage of seven surveillance images showing suspects in a burglary.
In all, the department is looking for help to find 41 suspects believed to be responsible for the smash-and-grab thefts. Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Dept

That attack began around 2:22 a.m. on Aug. 8, when one person allegedly smashed the store’s glass entrance doors and 10 others poured inside.

In all, the department is looking for help to find 41 suspects believed to be responsible for the smash-and-grab thefts after detectives had already appealed for help identifying 11 suspects from the first break-in. 

The criminal free-for-all unfolded alongside street takeovers near Olympic and Atlantic boulevards.

People exiting a ransacked AutoZone store, with broken glass on the floor.
Video showed the looters, many with their faces covered, breaking into the store. Instagram/@breakingnewslosangeles

Sheriff’s officials previously said that spectators at the first takeover were believed to have ransacked the AutoZone. 

At a second street takeover the next night, more than 100 vehicles swarmed the intersection near the store, according to earlier reports.

Some in the crowd allegedly broke away and descended on the AutoZone, which had already been boarded up after Saturday’s looting.

Two sheriff's deputies inspect a ransacked AutoZone store in East Los Angeles.
Investigators said the suspects may have also “participated in the previous day’s burglary at the same location.’ Instagram/@breakingnewslosangeles

Video showed the looters, many with their faces covered, breaking into the battered store and making off with arms full of merchandise.

At least $50,000 in goods and three cash registers were reportedly stolen.

Break-ins were also reported at AutoZone stores in Watts, Downey and Long Beach amid street-takeover activity across the Los Angeles area that weekend.

The post Mob of looters wanted after ransacking same East LA AutoZone twice in 24 hours appeared first on New York Post.

‘Baffling’ Piers Morgan interview with controversial MAGA candidate swiftly fact-checked
News

GOP leader quits rather than back scandal-plagued governor pick — and backs his rival

by Raw Story
August 20, 2026

In a firestorm for Colorado Republicans, a local party leader is stepping down rather than endorse the GOP gubernatorial nominee. ...

Read more
News

DEA joins Hayden Panettiere’s ongoing death investigation

August 20, 2026
News

Abdul El-Sayed reveals he would take socialist plan a ‘step further’ than Bernie Sanders for key US industry

August 20, 2026
News

Pentagon insiders rattled by Pete Hegseth’s ‘bonkers’ reliance on his wife: NYT

August 20, 2026
News

Pentagon insiders rattled by Pete Hegseth’s ‘bonkers’ reliance on his wife: NYT

August 20, 2026
Trump eying major cabinet shakeup ‘sooner rather than later’: insider

Trump eying major cabinet shakeup ‘sooner rather than later’: insider

August 20, 2026
Trump ‘flipped’ his ballroom story to ‘blackmail’ the Supreme Court: expert

Trump ‘flipped’ his ballroom story to ‘blackmail’ the Supreme Court: expert

August 20, 2026
Inside Hayden Panettiere’s touching 37th birthday plans with daughter Kaya, 11, before untimely death

Inside Hayden Panettiere’s touching 37th birthday plans with daughter Kaya, 11, before untimely death

August 20, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026