Meghan Markle once admitted she was worried about her and Prince Harry’s children attending school in the UK due to a lack of privacy, years before the couple decided to move back.
The Duchess of Sussex vocalized her concerns about paparazzi swarming her and her kids during school pick-up and drop-off in a 2022 interview with the Cut.
“Sorry, I have a problem with that,” she previously said. “That doesn’t make me obsessed with privacy. That makes me a strong and good parent protecting my child.”


At the time, Markle, 45, had taken the article’s author, Allison P. Davis, with her to pick up her now 7-year-old son, Prince Archie, from preschool in Montecito, California.
Davis described how the “Suits” alum was able to pick up her son at the school’s gates, noting that there was no press around and only a few fellow moms who did “double takes.”
However, privacy aside, Harry, 41, recently raved about schools in the UK while chatting with actress Joss Stone at the WellChild Awards in London.
Recalling their conversation from last week, Stone told Hello!, “He was saying how wonderful the schools are here and how important community is for children.”
Here’s the latest on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s shocking move back to the U.K. after 6 years in the U.S.
- Meghan Markle once moaned she had a ‘problem’ with her and Prince Harry’s kids going to school in UK
- Prince Harry said he could never ‘see a world’ where he moved back to the UK a year before bombshell news
- Why Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are really moving back to England
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle making shock move back to UK — 6 years after ditching royal life for California
Stone reflected on telling the Duke of Sussex about her move back to the UK from Tennessee last year, adding, “It was nice to share that with him because it’s exactly why we felt drawn to come back – for the kids to grow up surrounded by family, friends, and a strong sense of belonging and most importantly in a safe environment.”
On Wednesday, Page Six confirmed that Markle and Harry would be moving back to the UK for “an extended period,” and their two kids, Archie and Princess Lilibet, 4, would attend school there.


“The palace was made aware of the move,” an insider told Page Six.
Our source explained that King Charles III learned about the move over the weekend and looks forward to spending quality time with the couple.
The insider noted that Markle and Harry’s roles as non-working members of the royal family would remain the same.
“I know that Charles is the reason they are moving back,” our insider said.


According to the US Sun, the couple will reside in “a non-royal residence” and “continue with their business enterprises.”
The “Spare” author and Markle announced they were quitting their royal duties and relocating to California in January 2020.
“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution,” they said in a statement at the time.
A year later, the actress and Harry discussed their experience with the royal family during a bombshell tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey.
At the time, Markle emotionally claimed that she wasn’t protected and alleged that there were people “willing to lie to protect other members of the family.”


“I just didn’t want to be alive anymore,” she said.
Additionally, Markle alleged that members of the royal family were concerned with “how dark [Archie’s] skin might be when he was born.”
As for Harry, he’s spoken out about his family in his 2023 memoir, “Spare,” the name being inspired by how his father allegedly called him a “spare” at the time of his birthbecause he was far down the line of succession to the throne.
The post Meghan Markle once moaned she had a ‘problem’ with her and Prince Harry’s kids going to school in UK appeared first on Page Six.




