DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK move is ‘huge slap in the face’ to William, creates ‘serious risks’ for monarchy

August 20, 2026
in News
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK move is ‘huge slap in the face’ to William, creates ‘serious risks’ for monarchy

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s impending move back to the UK after six years in Southern California is going to create headaches for Prince William, Page Six hears.

“It’s a huge slap in the face for William, and it does also create serious risks for the monarchy,” royal reporter Tom Sykes told Page Six following news that the Harry and Markle will head back across the Atlantic later this month.

Sykes said that, given the longstanding feud between the brothers, the move will create a “huge succession” of additional “challenges” for the Prince of Wales.

“What is gonna happen if Charles invites Harry to join the royal family for Christmas? What is gonna happen if Harry wants to attend the Remembrance Day celebrations?” he asked.

The reporter added that, in his opinion, there is “no way” King Charles III “did not know” the move was happening. A source confirmed to Page Six Wednesday that the monarch learned of Harry and Markle’s intentions Sunday.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, on the balcony of Buckingham Palace.
Royal reporter Tom Sykes told Page Six Wednesday that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s plan to move back to the UK will present challenges to Prince William and the royal family. (Markle, Harry and William are pictured above with Kate Middleton in 2018.) Getty Images
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pose at the David Foster Foundation 40th Anniversary Celebration.
Sykes said the couple’s move back creates “serious risks for the monarchy.” The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are seen here at an event earlier this month. The David Foster Foundation via Getty Images

The author also explained that he feels it’s “a very very dangerous situation” that Charles “allowed himself to be manipulated into welcoming them home,” noting that “there’s no way that the late Queen Elizabeth II would’ve allowed this to happen.”

Still, Sykes explained, the relocation — which Page Six confirmed will be for “an extended period” — “is a huge moment for Harry and Megan” and their children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, who will be enrolled in school there.

Sykes explained that while he did suspect “something was afoot” with the couple, he “never imagined it would be anything of this magnitude or they’d be happening this quickly.”

The author called the idea that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be relocating by the end of the month “quite extraordinary.”

Catherine, Princess of Wales, Prince William, Prince of Wales, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, walk together in front of Windsor Castle.
Sykes called the plan “a huge slap in the face for William,” seen here with Kate Middleton, Harry and Markle in 2022. Getty Images
Prince William, Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, and Kate Middleton attending a service to commemorate the centenary of WW1 armistice.
Sykes said it presents a “huge succession” of additional “challenges” for Prince William. He’s seen here with Prince Harry, Markle and Middleton in 2018. Getty Images

Prince Harry and his wife famously left the UK in 2020 and giving up their roles as working members of the British royal family in a move dubbed “Megxit.”

They subsequently relocated to an expansive estate in Montecito, California, where they’ve been raising Archie and Lilibet, and we’re told they won’t be selling the $14.5 million estate there.

Sources told Page Six on Wednesday that Harry and Markle made the decision to be closer to King Charles and to give their children the opportunity to build family relationships.

Markle found mixed success in Southern California with her lifestyle brand, As Ever, and as the host of her own Netflix series, “With Love, Meghan,” which ran for two seasons.

Still, Sykes said he feels it’s “very clear the things haven’t worked out in America the way they thought they would” and suggested there may be financial motivations for the family moving back to Prince Harry’s homeland.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry sitting together and smiling.
Sykes told us things “haven’t worked out in America” for Prince Harry and Markle, pictured above at a previous event, “the way they thought they would.”
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at a service for Queen Elizabeth II's coffin.
Prince Harry, seen above with Markle in 2022, previously said he couldn’t “see a world” where he moved back to his homeland. Getty Images

“I think if there was another hundred-million-dollar deal on the table they wouldn’t be rushing home,” Sykes told us.

Prince Harry had previously said in 2025 that he “can’t see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point,” as he continues to wait for a review of his security by Government committee Ravec.

The news of the couples’ move back to England comes after Prince Harry’s reunion with his father — who is living with cancer — in July.

Harry previously told the BBC last year, “I don’t know how much longer my father has.”

The post Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK move is ‘huge slap in the face’ to William, creates ‘serious risks’ for monarchy appeared first on Page Six.

‘Baffling’ Piers Morgan interview with controversial MAGA candidate swiftly fact-checked
News

GOP leader quits rather than back scandal-plagued governor pick — and backs his rival

by Raw Story
August 20, 2026

In a firestorm for Colorado Republicans, a local party leader is stepping down rather than endorse the GOP gubernatorial nominee. ...

Read more
News

DEA joins Hayden Panettiere’s ongoing death investigation

August 20, 2026
News

Abdul El-Sayed reveals he would take socialist plan a ‘step further’ than Bernie Sanders for key US industry

August 20, 2026
News

Pentagon insiders rattled by Pete Hegseth’s ‘bonkers’ reliance on his wife: NYT

August 20, 2026
News

Pentagon insiders rattled by Pete Hegseth’s ‘bonkers’ reliance on his wife: NYT

August 20, 2026
Trump eying major cabinet shakeup ‘sooner rather than later’: insider

Trump eying major cabinet shakeup ‘sooner rather than later’: insider

August 20, 2026
Trump ‘flipped’ his ballroom story to ‘blackmail’ the Supreme Court: expert

Trump ‘flipped’ his ballroom story to ‘blackmail’ the Supreme Court: expert

August 20, 2026
Inside Hayden Panettiere’s touching 37th birthday plans with daughter Kaya, 11, before untimely death

Inside Hayden Panettiere’s touching 37th birthday plans with daughter Kaya, 11, before untimely death

August 20, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026