DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Scott Pelley fired from ‘60 Minutes’ after accusing CBS News bosses of ‘murdering’ the program

June 3, 2026
in News
Scott Pelley fired from ‘60 Minutes’ after accusing CBS News bosses of ‘murdering’ the program

Scott Pelley, a signature on-air talent for “60 Minutes,” was ousted from CBS News a day after he blasted the division’s top managementover the firing of the program’s executive producer and two correspondents.

“We have parted ways with Scott Pelley,” the newly- installed executive producer Nick Bilton said in a message sent to staff Tuesday.

The network announced Pelley’s departure after a meeting with top CBS News management late Tuesday, where the veteran correspondent continued to ask for answers on why “60 Minutes” executive producer Tanya Simon and correspondents Sharyn Alfonsi and Cecila Vega were let go last week, according to people familiar with the discussions who were not authorized to speak publicly. Editor-in- Chief Bari Weiss would not address the matter at the meeting.

Pelley’s departure follows a contentious “60 Minutes” staff meeting on Monday where he accused Weiss of “murdering” the country’s most-watched news program.

Pelley also raised doubts over the credentials of Nick Bilton, the former New York Times journalist and documentary filmmaker named last week to run the venerable newsmagazine, citing his lack of experience in TV news.

Bilton was named to replace Simon on Thursday, an unexpected move that also came with the firings of the correspondents. The moves were made by Weiss, who has targeted the prestigious program for changes since she arrived at the network in the fall.

Bilton attempted to defend Weiss, who was not at the meeting, and asserted that CBS News management was committed to guiding “60 Minutes” into the digital future.

“She is murdering ‘60 Minutes,’” Pelley said of Weiss at the meeting held at the program’s Manhattan headquarters. “She does not love this place. She was brought in to kill it, and she’s been doing exactly that.”

Pelley’s stunning remarks at the meeting were applauded by his colleagues. But veterans in the division — who were shocked by the confrontation— took it as a sign that he was ready to leave the program.

Pelley met with Weiss and other senior members of the management team late Tuesday. He was back in his office at “60 Minutes” behind closed doors with his staff.

Pelley is the fourth correspondent to depart “60 Minutes” since Weiss joined CBS News. Anderson Cooper, who also anchors at CNN, chose not to sign a new deal, citing family reasons, although many insiders said he was not comfortable with the direction of CBS News. Alfonsi and Vega were severed last week.

Those vacancies mean “60 Minutes” will have to line-up new talent quickly to fill the correspondent roles. Production on segments for the 2026-27 season is already underway.

Pelley, 68, started his career at CBS News in 1989. He covered the first Gulf War for the network, traveling in Iraq and Kuwait. He later became chief White House correspondent during Bill Clinton’s turbulent second term.

Pelley became a correspondent for “60 Minutes II,” a midweek edition of the program that ran from 1999 to 2005. After the program was canceled, Pelley moved to the Sunday flagship edition.

The fate of “60 Minutes” — which saw a 9% audience increase and massive spikes in viewing across social media platforms this past season — has been an ongoing saga since President Trump sued the program over the editing of an interview with his 2024 opponent former Vice President Kamala Harris.

The suit was settled just ahead of the Federal Communications Commission clearing the way for the takeover of Paramount by David Ellison’s Skydance Media.

Ellison acquired Weiss’ digital start-up the Free Press, which established itself as a voice critical of so-called woke politics. She was given a mandate to move CBS News to the political center, which created a perception that her role is to placate the Trump White House as Paramount seeks regulatory approval to acquire Warner Bros. Discovery.

The post Scott Pelley fired from ‘60 Minutes’ after accusing CBS News bosses of ‘murdering’ the program appeared first on Los Angeles Times.

What it took to finally build housing on some of the nation’s most in-demand land
News

What it took to finally build housing on some of the nation’s most in-demand land

by Washington Post
August 21, 2026

SAN FRANCISCO — In one of the nation’s most extraordinarily housing-constrained cities, where demand keeps pushing rents and sales prices ...

Read more
News

My new neighbor became my mother-in-law. I never saw it coming

August 21, 2026
News

Five Free Movies to Stream Now

August 21, 2026
News

Richard Gadd Had Never Heard of the Manosphere

August 21, 2026
News

Trump admin ‘power struggle’  prompts bitter attacks from fuming GOP lawmakers

August 21, 2026
Nickel-and-Dimed at Sea? Why Cruise Lines Are Hiking Certain Fees.

Nickel-and-Dimed at Sea? Why Cruise Lines Are Hiking Certain Fees.

August 21, 2026
All Fortnite Cheat Codes and Lobby Hacks in Chapter 7 Season 4

All Fortnite Cheat Codes and Lobby Hacks in Chapter 7 Season 4

August 21, 2026
Riot’s League of Legends Fighting Game Is Coming to an End

Riot’s League of Legends Fighting Game Is Coming to an End

August 21, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026