DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

They created AI nudes that got millions of views online. Now they’re being charged with crimes

May 22, 2026
in News
They created AI nudes that got millions of views online. Now they’re being charged with crimes

Federal prosecutors have charged two men with using artificial intelligence to create nude videos and photos of female celebrities under a newly enacted law meant to halt the spread of deepfake pornography.

Cornelius Shannon, 51, and Arturo Hernandez, 20, were both arrested Tuesday for generating sexually explicit AI content that drew millions of views online, according to criminal complaints.

The men — who do not appear to be connected — are among the earliest defendants to face charges under the Take It Down Act, a law signed last year by President Donald Trump that adds stricter penalties for publishing AI-created deepfakes and “revenge porn.” The bill drew bipartisan support, as well as the public backing of first lady Melania Trump.

Under the new law, the men now face up to two years in prison.

Attorneys for Shannon and Hernandez did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In a statement, Joseph Nocella, the U.S. attorney in Brooklyn, said the men had ”used cutting-edge digital technology to create images that degraded and violated” dozens of women. “This case makes clear that posting deepfake pornography is not a victimless crime,” he added.

Shannon, a resident of New Jersey, published at least 240 albums of AI-generated pornography featuring female politicians, musicians and singers, according to the complaint.

The deepfakes published by Hernandez, of Texas, included both celebrities as well as private women, including recent high school graduates, prosecutors said.

The arrests come as increasingly sophisticated generative AI tools have raised alarm about the online spread of sexually explicit fakes, often depicting minors.

Last month, an Ohio man became the first person convicted under the Take It Down Act after pleading guilty to using AI to generate child sexual abuse material.

In March, two teenage boys received probation for creating explicit AI images of their classmates at an exclusive private school in Pennsylvania.

And in a separate case filed earlier this year, three teenagers in Tennessee sued Elon Musk’s xAI, claiming the company’s Grok tools morphed their real photos into explicitly sexual images.

The high school students are seeking class-action status to represent what the lawsuit says are thousands of people who were similarly victimized as minors.

The post They created AI nudes that got millions of views online. Now they’re being charged with crimes appeared first on Fortune.

Regional Mediators Rush to Save U.S.-Iran Cease-Fire
News

Regional Mediators Rush to Save U.S.-Iran Cease-Fire

by New York Times
May 22, 2026

Pakistan and Qatar have dispatched envoys to Iran, officials and diplomats said on Friday, as mediators intensified efforts to prevent ...

Read more
News

Does Mac Barnett Have the Best Job in Kids’ Books? Or the Worst?

May 22, 2026
News

For Tom Hanks, World War II Will Never Be Over

May 22, 2026
News

Trump and Top Officials Defend $1.8 Billion Fund With Inaccurate Claims

May 22, 2026
News

As inflation surges, Fed chief is sworn in by a president who wants rate cuts

May 22, 2026
Trump’s political hitman vows in-house retribution purge is over — now there’s new target

Trump’s political hitman vows in-house retribution purge is over — now there’s new target

May 22, 2026
Wasserman Schultz Will Run in Majority-Black District in South Florida

Wasserman Schultz Will Run in Majority-Black District in South Florida

May 22, 2026
After trying to buy TikTok, adtech giant AppLovin is launching its own social media challenger

After trying to buy TikTok, adtech giant AppLovin is launching its own social media challenger

May 22, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026