The New Hampshire mom who killed her cancer-stricken husband and two of their kids in a shocking murder-suicide was being investigated for embezzling more than $660,000 from work, her former boss has revealed.
Emily Long had been confronted earlier this year for depositing company money into her personal bank account for more than two years while working as director of operations at a branch of chicken chain Wing-Itz, the location’s owner, Derek Fisher, told WCVB.
A police report was filed on Aug. 11 — exactly a week before Emily Long fatally shot her husband and two kids before turning the gun on herself.
“I felt I had no other option than to go to law enforcement,” Fisher said. “We noticed there were a lot of handwritten checks being deposited into her bank account.”
Fisher told police he was going through the company’s finances with an accountant in June when they saw several alarming discrepancies with cash deposits that never appeared in company accounts.
More than $660,000 was taken, starting in January 2023, long before Long’s husband, Ryan Long, was diagnosed with glioblastoma, a highly aggressive form of brain cancer, according to WMUR.
The chicken branch owner confronted Emily Long about the missing money in June — but she offered no explanation, he said.
He asked her to provide three months of bank statements, which she finally handed over on Aug. 5 — but they had been doctored, with pages missing, Fisher said.
“Given her circumstances with her husband, I was trying to be considerate and patient,” Fisher said of the time he had allowed before going to police.
Fisher said he has no idea where the money went. Investigators also said it remains unclear whether the suspected theft played any role Emily’s decision to kill herself and her family.
Long had been posting TikTok videos saying she was overwhelmed and “really depressed” as she prepared for her husband’s imminent death weeks before she shot Ryan and her two eldest children — Parker, 8, and Ryan, 6 at their Madbury, New Hampshire on Aug. 18.
She then turned the gun on herself, police said.
The couple’s 3-year-old child — the lone survivor of the slaughter — was found alive and unharmed inside the house.
Fisher said he does not plan to take any legal action to recover the stolen money — and instead wants it to help the lone survivor of the tragedy.
“Anything that’s left of it should go to that child — he deserves all of it. It’s not fair to him. He didn’t make this happen, and he didn’t deserve this,” Fisher said.
The post Mom who killed family in murder-suicide had just been confronted about stealing $660K from her employer: boss appeared first on New York Post.