DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Israel Recovers Body of Oct. 7 Victim From Gaza, Netanyahu’s Office Says

August 29, 2025
in News
Israel Recovers Body of Oct. 7 Victim From Gaza, Netanyahu’s Office Says
495
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Israeli security forces have recovered the body of Ilan Weiss, who was killed during the Hamas-led attack on the country on Oct. 7, 2023, from Gaza, the office of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Friday.

The remains of “another deceased hostage” were also recovered, the prime minister’s office added, but their identity was not released.

Mr. Weiss was killed in his home village of Be’eri, in southern Israel, when hundreds of militants raided the community as part of a wider attack that killed roughly 1,200 people, according to Israeli officials. Some 250 more people were abducted and taken to Gaza as hostages.

The remains of Mr. Weiss and the unidentified person were recovered in a “complex rescue operation” carried out by forces from the Israeli military and Shin Bet, the domestic intelligence agency, the military said in a statement. Israeli officials did not specify where or when the operation took place.

Mr. Weiss, who led the village’s civilian emergency response team, disappeared after he had gone to the community armory when the attack began, the Hostages and Missing Families Forum, a group representing many families of the hostages, said in a statement. His death on Oct. 7, 2023 was confirmed in absentia in January 2024, the Forum added.

Mr. Weiss’s wife, Shiri, and teenage daughter, Noga, were kidnapped in the attack. They were released during a brief cease-fire along with dozens of other Israeli hostages in November 2023.

The recovery of the bodies comes as Israeli leaders face mounting pressure at home and abroad to reach an agreement with Hamas that would secure the release of the remaining hostages and end the war in Gaza. Israeli officials believe that 20 hostages are still alive and Hamas is holding the bodies of about 30 more captives.

The Israeli security cabinet, a group that includes senior ministers and is chaired by Mr. Netanyahu, recently decided to intensify military operations in Gaza, including taking over Gaza City, the enclave’s main urban center where thousands of Palestinians have sought refuge.

“We will not rest until everyone returns home — this is the objective of the upcoming maneuver,” the office of Israel Katz, the country’s defense minister, said in a statement on Friday referring to the plan to widen the military offensive.

But Israel’s plan to expand operations has been condemned by many world leaders. “Israel’s initial steps to militarily take over Gaza City signal a new and dangerous phase,” António Guterres, the secretary general of the United Nations, said on Thursday.

In Israel, hundreds of thousands joined nationwide demonstrations on Tuesday, calling on the government to accept a cease-fire proposal that Hamas agreed to earlier this month.

It is unclear whether Mr. Netanyahu will accept the proposal. A spokesman for the Israeli government, David Mencer, stopped short of saying that Israel would reject the proposal but told journalists this week that Israel was “going for a full agreement, and no longer a piecemeal agreement.”

The post Israel Recovers Body of Oct. 7 Victim From Gaza, Netanyahu’s Office Says appeared first on New York Times.

Share198Tweet124Share
2 students arrested for making threats to ‘shoot up’ high school: Police
News

2 students arrested for making threats to ‘shoot up’ high school: Police

by ABC News
August 29, 2025

Two students have been taken into custody after making threats to “shoot up” a Texas high school, according to police. ...

Read more
News

‘After The Hunt’: What The Critics Are Saying About Luca Guadagnino’s Cancel Culture Thriller Starring Julia Roberts

August 29, 2025
News

Free Agency Idea Sees Mets’ Pete Alonso Finally Ditch Queens, Join AL Contender

August 29, 2025
News

Republican Sen. Joni Ernst won’t seek re-election in Iowa in 2026

August 29, 2025
News

Neil Young Tears Into Trump With Blistering ‘Big Crime’ Protest Song

August 29, 2025
Tommy DeVito heading to Patriots with mother’s signature cutlets and homemade sauces, agent says

Tommy DeVito heading to Patriots with mother’s signature cutlets and homemade sauces, agent says

August 29, 2025
Mom who killed family in murder-suicide had just been confronted about stealing $660K from her employer: boss

Mom who killed family in murder-suicide had just been confronted about stealing $660K from her employer: boss

August 29, 2025
A conservative Wisconsin Supreme Court justice won’t run again, creating an open seat

A conservative Wisconsin Supreme Court justice won’t run again, creating an open seat

August 29, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.