DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

7-month-old Emmanuel Haro’s parents urged to help in desperate search for missing infant: ‘You will be protected’

August 21, 2025
in News
7-month-old Emmanuel Haro’s parents urged to help in desperate search for missing infant: ‘You will be protected’
492
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The parents of a 7-month-old California boy missing for nearly a week are being urged to rejoin the search as public scrutiny of the couple grows.

Rebecca and Jake Haro stopped cooperating with investigators after the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department announced there were “inconsistencies” in the mother’s claim their son, Emmanuel, was kidnapped outside a sporting goods store on Aug. 14.

As the investigation grew to encompass the couple’s Cabazon home, where cops brought cadaver-sniffing dogs and even seized a family car on Wednesday, dad Jake retained defense attorney Vincent Hughes — who also represented him in a child cruelty case from 2018.

Photo of 7-month-old Emmanuel Haro.
The public has made a plea for Rebecca Haro and Jake Haro, the parents of 7-month-old Emmanuel Haro, who has been missing for almost a week, to rejoin the search for their lost child. San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department

Hughes insisted in a statement to KESQ that his client was still cooperating.

“The parents of the 7-month-old infant reported kidnapped Aug. 14 in Yucaipa seek answers about their missing child, Emmanuel Haro. Jake Haro is fully cooperating with law enforcement and investigators,” Hughes wrote.

However, the sheriff’s office put out its own statement that appears to contradict Hughes’ assertion, writing, “if the parents choose to work with detectives, we welcome their cooperation as we continue efforts to locate Emmanuel.”

Hughes did not respond to a voicemail from The Post seeking comment.

Authorities weren’t the only ones pushing the parents to take part in the search effort.

Nonprofit Uvalde Foundation for Kids, which previously withdrew its $5,000 reward leading to the safe return of Emmanuel after suspicions arose in the missing persons case, practically dared the couple to participate.

Parents of missing 7-month-old plead for his safe return during a televised interview.
While the parents have cooperated with investigators, public scrutiny against them has risen after their son was kidnapped outside a sporting goods store on Aug. 14. KTLA

“Join the search & you will be protected. You can change the trajectory of this case & if there is nothing to hide, come forward & the foundation and community will support you as never imagined!” the nonprofit wrote on social media.

The foundation did not immediately return an email sent by The Post.

The sheriff’s department sprang into action after Rebecca reported the alleged kidnapping, which she claimed happened as she was changing the youngster’s diaper outside of a Big 5 sporting goods store.

But just two days later, the department made the grim announcement that they couldn’t “rule out foul play” as they searched, and that Rebecca’s account of what happened contained worrying “inconsistencies.”

Exterior of Big 5 Sporting Goods store parking lot where a baby was reportedly kidnapped.
Vincent Hughes, a defense attorney for Jake Haro, said in a statement to KESQ that his client is still cooperating in the search for his 7-month-old son. KABC

The sheriff says, for now, “Emmanuel continues to be the main focus of this investigation, and we will continue our efforts to locate him.”

Authorities describe Emmanuel as 21 pounds and approximately 24 inches tall with brown hair, brown eyes and cross-eyed, last seen wearing a black Nike onesie.

Anyone with information about the infant’s whereabouts is urged to call San Bernardino Sheriff’s Dispatch at 909-387-8313.

The post 7-month-old Emmanuel Haro’s parents urged to help in desperate search for missing infant: ‘You will be protected’ appeared first on New York Post.

Tags: CaliforniaInvestigationsKidnappingsmissing children
Share197Tweet123Share
Look out, Hollywood. Video game franchises dominate Gen Alpha’s attention
Arts

Look out, Hollywood. Video game franchises dominate Gen Alpha’s attention

by Los Angeles Times
August 29, 2025

Want to get Generation Alpha into movie theaters? Look to video games. Kids still like to go to the movies, ...

Read more
News

Luxury Southern California shopping mall loses a major tenant

August 29, 2025
News

‘Let justice prevail for August’: Injured Deshler student’s family asks for peace during search for answers

August 29, 2025
News

Western states seek to end long-running water dispute over dwindling Rio Grande

August 29, 2025
News

Trump’s global tariffs are illegal, federal court rules. Here’s why they’ll remain in place.

August 29, 2025
CVS Holds Off on Offering Covid Vaccines in 16 States

C.D.C. Uncertainty Upends Covid Vaccine Access at CVS and Walgreens

August 29, 2025
What’s on Peacock in September 2025? Full List of New Movies, Shows

What’s on Peacock in September 2025? Full List of New Movies, Shows

August 29, 2025
Trump’s Assault on the Federal Reserve

Trump’s Assault on the Federal Reserve

August 29, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.