DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Amid immigration raids, MLBPA advises players to keep legal documents with them

July 15, 2025
in News, Sports
Amid immigration raids, MLBPA advises players to keep legal documents with them
494
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

ATLANTA — As federal agents conduct immigration raids in Southern California and across America, the union representing major and minor league baseball players has warned any concerned members to “carry documentation wherever they go,” union chief Tony Clark said Tuesday.

Clark, asked about the raids amid the context of a significant Latino player base, said the union has retained immigration lawyers and encourages players and family members to reach out with any concerns, so as to ensure players can be “in the best position possible to just get to the ballpark and do their jobs.”

Said Clark: “We continue to communicate with our guys and assure them, whether they’re at the minor league level or at the major league level, this is how best to protect yourself in the near term, and carrying the documentation while having an open line of communication is what we’ve found has worked so far.”

Clark said the union is working “hand in hand” with the league on this issue and believes the league is delivering a similar message to players. Clark and MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred each spoke in separate meetings with the Baseball Writers Assn. of America here Tuesday.

Manfred said the league has discussed the issue with the Trump administration.

“They assured us that there were going to be protections for our players — for example, going back and forth between the U.S. and Canada,” Manfred said. “They told us that was what was going to happen. That’s what happened. Beyond that, it’s all speculation.”

A federal judge ruled last week that the government cannot use racial profiling — what language someone speaks, for instance, or what race they are — in coming to the “reasonable suspicion” required to detain someone.

According to the league, 28% of players on opening day rosters were born outside the United States, with the Dominican Republic, Venezuela and Cuba ranking as the top three foreign countries.

Does Manfred worry Latino players might get caught up in the raids?

“I worry about anything that could be disruptive to the very best players in the world,” he said. “The prospect of that disruption, given that our players all have visas, it’s speculation at this point. We have seen no evidence of that at this point.”

The post Amid immigration raids, MLBPA advises players to keep legal documents with them appeared first on Los Angeles Times.

Tags: CaliforniaDodgersImmigration & the BorderSportsTrump Administration
Share198Tweet124Share
Video shows dramatic rescue of young boy walking on elevated monorail at Hersheypark
News

Video shows dramatic rescue of young boy walking on elevated monorail at Hersheypark

by NBC News
August 31, 2025

A young boy was rescued while walking alone on the track of an elevated ride at Pennsylvania’s Hersheypark on Saturday ...

Read more
News

Jim Jarmusch’s ‘Father Mother Sister Brother’ Gets Over 6-Minute Ovation

August 31, 2025
News

‘Alphabet’ serial killer boasts of 22 more murders — and ‘Greatest Hits’ list

August 31, 2025
News

U.S. Suspends Visas for Palestinian Passport Holders, Officials Say

August 31, 2025
News

Labor Day Travel: Best and Worst Times to Hit the Road

August 31, 2025
US judge blocks government from deporting unaccompanied Guatemalan minors

US judge blocks government from deporting unaccompanied Guatemalan minors

August 31, 2025
Houthis Vow Revenge After Israeli Attack Kills Senior Officials

Houthis Vow Revenge After Israeli Attack Kills Senior Officials

August 31, 2025
Ilhan Omar pushes for assault weapons ban in the wake of Minneapolis church shooting

Ilhan Omar pushes for assault weapons ban in the wake of Minneapolis church shooting

August 31, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.