DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Rescuers search for missing crew from Red Sea attack as US alleges Yemen rebels may have them

July 10, 2025
in News
Rescuers search for missing crew from Red Sea attack as US alleges Yemen rebels may have them
492
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Rescuers searched Thursday for more than a dozen crew members who went missing after sank a ship in the Red Sea as the United States alleged the group may “have kidnapped” those on board.

The Houthis released dramatic footage of the sinking of , which the rebels targeted with gunfire and explosive drones for hours, killing at least three crew members.

The attack on the Eternity C, as well as the after another attack Sunday, represent a new level of violence being employed by the Houthis after a months of holding their fire in a campaign they tie back to the Israel-Hamas war in the Gaza Strip.

Meanwhile, a new possible ceasefire in that war — as well as the future of talks between the U.S. and Iran over — remain in the balance.

US warns Houthis may have ‘kidnapped’ survivors

A statement from the European Union naval mission in the Red Sea said the crew of the Eternity C included 22 sailors, among them 21 Filipinos and one Russian, as well as a three-member security team. Rescuers on Wednesday recovered five Filipinos and one Indian.

Three people also were killed during the hourslong attack on the ship, the EU force said, and their nationalities weren’t immediately known.

In footage released by the Houthis, a rebel can be purportedly heard on a VHF radio transmission offering those on board the ability to flee the sinking vessel. However, it wasn’t clear if any more crew fled and what happened to them.

In a post late Wednesday on the X, the U.S. Embassy in Yemen — which has operated from Saudi Arabia for about a decade now — alleged that the rebels may have taken some of the crew.

From AP’s Standards and Stylebook teams:

The AP is calling the conflict between Israel and Iran a war, given the scope, intensity and duration of military activities on both sides.

“After killing their shipmates, sinking their ship and hampering rescue efforts, the Houthi terrorists have kidnapped many surviving crew members of the Eternity C,” the embassy said. “We call for their immediate and unconditional safe release.”

The Houthis haven’t acknowledged taking any of the fleeing crew members and didn’t mention whether it had any of them in their custody. However, the rebels can take days at times before acknowledging attacks.

Attacks draw condemnation and support for sailors

In the Philippines, Migrant Workers Secretary Hans Cacdac said that he has been leading an effort to reach out to the families of the missing Filipino sailors to update them on the search and rescue efforts.

“It’s human nature that one should be terribly worried and distraught about the situation,” Cacdac told The Associated Press by telephone. “It’s our role in government to be there for them in their utmost hour of need to ensure that not just government services, but throughout this hand-holding process, we will provide the necessary support.”

The Eternity C, flagged out of Liberia but owned by a Greek firm, likely had been targeted like the Magic Seas over its firm doing business with Israel. Neither vessel apparently requested an escort from the EU force.

___

Jim Gomez contributed to this report from Manila, Philippines.

The post Rescuers search for missing crew from Red Sea attack as US alleges Yemen rebels may have them appeared first on Associated Press.

Share197Tweet123Share
‘Yellowstone’ star Cole Hauser says wild ‘old women’ fans can’t keep their hands off him
Entertainment

‘Yellowstone’ star Cole Hauser says wild ‘old women’ fans can’t keep their hands off him

by Page Six
August 31, 2025

Hands off. “Yellowstone” actor Cole Hauser has had some issues with overzealous female fans who can’t keep their hands to ...

Read more
News

ESPN star warns Alabama fans amid team’s upset loss to Florida State

August 31, 2025
News

Turns Out Players Really Want Physical Copies of Cyberpunk 2077

August 31, 2025
News

Lee Corso’s Final College GameDay Came With Perfect Week 1 Farewell Twist

August 31, 2025
News

How a children’s chocolate drink became a symbol of French colonialism

August 31, 2025
Saquon Barkley-proof? ‘Relentless’ Rams defense eager to challenge NFC’s finest

Saquon Barkley-proof? ‘Relentless’ Rams defense eager to challenge NFC’s finest

August 31, 2025
Norway will buy a fleet of British-made frigates for its navy

Norway will buy a fleet of British-made frigates for its navy

August 31, 2025
High on Life Just Got a Free Switch 2 Upgrade: Here’s Everything We Know

High on Life Just Got a Free Switch 2 Upgrade: Here’s Everything We Know

August 31, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.