DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

BBC Slams “Deeply Offensive” Glastonbury Set: “We Have No Plans To Make It Available On Demand”

June 28, 2025
in News
BBC Slams “Deeply Offensive” Glastonbury Set: “We Have No Plans To Make It Available On Demand”
510
SHARES
1.5k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

A BBC spokesperson has described Bob Vylan’s Glastonbury set today as “deeply offensive” and said it won’t be making it available on demand.

As we reported earlier this evening, the BBC tried to skirt controversial Irish band Kneecap by not showing the group’s Glastonbury set as part of its live wall-to-wall Glastonbury coverage today, but instead it was English punk duo Bob Vylan whose live performance on iplayer created a particular stir.

British duo Bob Vylan led thousands of crowd-members in chants of “Death, Death To The IDF” [Isreal Defence Force] and “Free, Free Palestine” during their set. The packed crowd was studded with Palestinian flags.

The band had a large message for fans on stage: “Free Palestine. United Nations have called it a genocide. The BBC calls it a “conflict””. They also also reiterated the controversial slogan: “From the river to the sea, Palestine must be, will be, free.”

In response, a BBC spokesperson has told Deadline this evening: “Some of the comments made during Bob Vylan’s set were deeply offensive. During this live stream on iPlayer, which reflected what was happening on stage, a warning was issued on screen about the very strong and discriminatory language. We have no plans to make the performance available on demand.”

The performance inevitably sparked both outcry — including from a number of conservative politicians — and applause on social media.

Kneecap performed its own set to a capacity crowd shortly after Bob Vylan and led the crowd in chants of “Fuck Keir Starmer” and “Free Palestine”. The UK Prime Minister had recently said it was “inappropriate” for the band to play at the festival given the recent legal issues the group has encountered. Kneecap band member Mo Chara is currently facing terror charges in the UK for allegedly showing support for Hamas and Hezbollah, which are both considered terror organizations by the UK government. 

The local police force to Glastonbury posted a tweet tonight saying it was looking into comments made on stage by bands this evening.

We are aware of the comments made by acts on the West Holts Stage at Glastonbury Festival this afternoon.

Video evidence will be assessed by officers to determine whether any offences may have been committed that would require a criminal investigation. pic.twitter.com/w2RQ4LdQf3

— Avon and Somerset Police (@ASPolice) June 28, 2025

Some of the context here is the ongoing catastrophic loss of life in Gaza and the ongoing hostage situation in the territory. More than 58,000 people have been reported killed in the Gaza war, at least 56,000 of those being Palestinian, according to local reports. 80% of the dead are said to be civilians. At least 72 people have been killed in Israeli strikes across Gaza this weekend, health staff have said. The UN has reported that at least 410 Palestinians have been killed seeking food since Israel lifted an 11-week aid blockade on 19 May. Meanwhile, there are understood to be 50 hostages left in captivity following the October 7 Hamas raids in 2023, of whom Israel believes 27 are dead.

The post BBC Slams “Deeply Offensive” Glastonbury Set: “We Have No Plans To Make It Available On Demand” appeared first on Deadline.

Tags: BBCGlastonbury
Share204Tweet128Share
Mayes orders Arizona’s top education official to end automatic ESA approval of requests under $2K
Education

Mayes orders Arizona’s top education official to end automatic ESA approval of requests under $2K

by KTAR
August 29, 2025

PHOENIX — Arizona’s top education official and the state’s attorney general are clashing over the empowerment scholarship accounts (ESA) program. ...

Read more
News

Newsom launches statewide task force to clear homeless encampments

August 29, 2025
News

Trump Throws Tantrum as ‘Beautiful’ Tariffs Ruled Illegal

August 29, 2025
News

Do Bulls Already Have Franchise Cornerstone on Roster? Insider Weighs In

August 29, 2025
News

Cubs Urged To Add $21 Million Veteran Hurler After Red Sox Release

August 29, 2025
Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson spark reconciliation speculation with Vegas getaway

Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson spark reconciliation speculation with Vegas getaway

August 29, 2025
Tom Homan says Trump administration has located 23,000 of the 300,000 migrant children lost under Biden administration

Tom Homan says Trump administration has located 23,000 of the 300,000 migrant children lost under Biden administration

August 29, 2025
A Trump-Brokered Peace Deal in the South Caucasus Is Hopeful but Incomplete

A Trump-Brokered Peace Deal in the South Caucasus Is Hopeful but Incomplete

August 29, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.