DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News Crime

Abrego Garcia’s Elite Lawyers Win More Jail Time to Avoid Deportation

June 28, 2025
in Crime, News
Trump Administration Plans to Deport Kilmar Abrego Garcia to Third Country if Released from Jail
494
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The expensive lawyers working for El Salvador’s most famous illegal migrant, Kilmar Abrego Garcia, persuaded a judge to keep him in federal jail.

The elite lawyers told the judge that if he were released from jail by the Department of Justice, he would be quickly deported by the Department of Homeland Security.

“We respectfully request to delay the issuance of the release order until the July 16 hearing on the government’s motion for revocation,” said a Friday, June 27 plea by lawyers from New York-based Hecker Fink LLP. The plea explains:

Yesterday, at an emergency hearing before Judge Xinis in the District of Maryland, the government represented that it intends to detain Mr. Abrego and remove him to a “third country” as soon as this Court releases Mr. Abrego from pretrial custody. This is the first time the government has represented, to anyone, that it intended not to deport Mr. Abrego back to El Salvador following a trial on these charges, but to deport him to a third country immediately.

On Friday afternoon, the federal judge agreed to keep Abrego Garcia in jail for several more days: “A hearing will be set by separate order to review conditions of release with Abrego and to provide for his release.”

Last Sunday, the judge in Tennessee announced she would release the migrant from jail.

On Friday, the Department of Justice told the judge:

The Government in this case has previously and clearly advised this Court (and Judge Crenshaw) that the Defendant may face deportation should he be released from U.S. Marshals’ custody. (DE # 14, 46). Given that the Defendant was first deemed deportable back in 2019 … this should not be a surprise to the defense and is certainly not a surprise to this Court.

The government decided to bring Abrego Garcia back from El Salvador amid massive pressure from the courts and Democrats.

Now, his elite-funded lawyers are also complaining about the government’s new criminal charges against him:

In a just world, he would not seek to prolong his detention further. And yet the government—a government that has, at all levels, told the American people that it is bringing Mr. Abrego back home to the United States to face “American justice” —apparently has little interest in actually bringing this case to trial. Instead, it has chosen to bring Mr. Abrego back only to convict him in the court of public opinion, including with respect to allegations found nowhere in the actual charges, while boldly announcing that Mr. Abrego “will not walk free in our country again.”

Many Democrats rallied around the illegal migrant, despite accusations that he beat his wife several times, served as a street hustler for the dangerous MS-13 gang, and worked as an illegal labor trafficker over several years.

But the fight is a clear political loser for Democrats: A June poll by Harvard/Harris shows that 62 percent of registered voters say he is “likely a[n] MS-13 gang member.”

Democrats and their allied media outlets are mostly ignoring the legal fight as they argue that the battle is over legal principles, not Abrego Garcia’s deportation.

The post Abrego Garcia’s Elite Lawyers Win More Jail Time to Avoid Deportation appeared first on Breitbart.

Tags: Illegal immigrationimmigration lawKilmar Abrego GarciaMS-13 Gang
Share198Tweet124Share
Frankie Muniz of ‘Malcom in the Middle’ fame drops out of NASCAR race after falling off ladder
Arts

Frankie Muniz of ‘Malcom in the Middle’ fame drops out of NASCAR race after falling off ladder

by Los Angeles Times
August 29, 2025

Frankie Muniz — the “Malcolm in the Middle” star turned NASCAR driver — is off the racetrack, for now at ...

Read more
News

CHP to protect ex-VP Kamala Harris after Trump pulls Secret Service detail, sources say

August 29, 2025
Health

Public Health issues ocean water warning for multiple L.A. County beaches

August 29, 2025
News

State sales tax exemption for menstrual and baby products takes effect Monday

August 29, 2025
News

Trump’s Sweeping Tariffs Invalidated by Appeals Court

August 29, 2025
Volkswagen faces historic $30 million compensation for Amazon labor abuses in Brazil

Volkswagen faces historic $30 million compensation for Amazon labor abuses in Brazil

August 29, 2025
What to Know About the Emergency Law Trump Used to Impose Tariffs

What to Know About the Emergency Law Trump Used to Impose Tariffs

August 29, 2025
Social Security whistleblower who claims DOGE mishandled Americans’ sensitive data resigns from post

Social Security whistleblower who claims DOGE mishandled Americans’ sensitive data resigns from post

August 29, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.