DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Iran releases video purporting to show commandos seizing ships in Strait of Hormuz

April 23, 2026
in News
Iran releases video purporting to show commandos seizing ships in Strait of Hormuz

Iran has released a video purportedly showing armed, masked commandos seizing two cargo vessels in the Strait of Hormuz. 

The propaganda clip was pumped out by state media Wednesday after the regime boasted it had seized the Panama-flagged MSC Francesca and Liberia-flagged Epaminondas vessels, just hours after the cease-fire was extended.

In the video, Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps soldiers are seen speeding toward a container ship that had MSC emblazoned on the side before scaling a ladder and boarding the vessel.

Soldiers climb a ladder from a small boat onto the side of a large container ship.
Iran released a video purporting to show commandos seizing cargo ships in the Strait of Hormuz. via REUTERS

The commandos are wearing masks and carrying guns on their backs.

Then, soldiers were filmed approaching the Epaminondas before they entered a supposed engine room.

The armed soldiers then climbed up the stairs to the ship’s top decks.

The IRGC has accused the two vessels of operating without the required permit and tampering with their navigation systems. 

Personnel on the Epaminondas reported damage to its bridge after Iranian soldiers opened fire and hurled grenades from a gunboat, according to the UK Maritime Trade Operations.

Technomar Shipping Inc officials, the Greek-based operator of the container ship, said the vessel had been boarded by Iranian soldiers.

Soldiers in balaclavas climbing onto the container ship MSC Francesca.
A masked, armed commando scaling a ladder before boarding the vessel. via REUTERS
Screen capture from video showing the container ship Epaminondas.
Soldiers are seen approaching the Epaminondas. @Tasnimnews_Fa/X

The MSC Francesca also came under fire – around six miles off the coast of Iran – and sources at the intelligence firm Vanguard said it was “instructed to drop anchor,” BBC reported.

Panama has condemned Iran for seizing the vessel – branding the act “illegal.”

They said Tehran’s act posed a “serious threat to maritime security,” constituting an “unnecessary escalation” at a time when the West is trying to ensure the Strait of Hormuz remains open.

However, Washington has said the cease-fire wasn’t violated as a result of Iran’s acts.

“These were not US ships. These were not Israeli ships. These were two international vessels,” White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt told Fox News.

Soldier in military fatigues holding a rifle on a ship.
A soldier is wielding his gun on the deck of the ship. @Tasnimnews_Fa/X

 “And for the American media who is sort of blowing this out of proportion to discredit the president’s facts — that he has completely obliterated Iran’s conventional Navy — these two ships were taken by speedy gunboats.

“Iran has gone from having the most lethal Navy in the Middle East to now acting like a bunch of pirates.”

The vessels were seized — three days after US Marines took command of the Iranian-flagged vessel Touska that tried to break the Strait of Hormuz blockade.

Meanwhile, US forces reportedly intercepted at least three Iranian oil tankers, re-directing them away from their positions near India, Malaysia and Sri Lanka.

The US-Iran cease-fire was extended Tuesday, and President Trump told The Post there could be a breakthrough regarding a second round of peace talks in Islamabad, Pakistan.

Talks could be held as soon as Friday, but Iran hasn’t committed to a second round of negotiations.

Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian said the US’s blockade of the Strait is one of the “main obstacles to genuine negotiations.”

President Trump has called on Tehran to send over a “unified” plan before negotiations can proceed.

With Post wires

The post Iran releases video purporting to show commandos seizing ships in Strait of Hormuz appeared first on New York Post.

Larry David Recalls ‘Dust-Up’ With Trump Lawyer Alan Dershowitz, Says ‘Deal With the Devil’ Ended Their Friendship
News

Larry David Recalls ‘Dust-Up’ With Trump Lawyer Alan Dershowitz, Says ‘Deal With the Devil’ Ended Their Friendship

by TheWrap
August 19, 2026

Larry David finally expanded on his heated fallout with former friend and Trump lawyer Alan Dershowitz, in part detailing the ...

Read more
News

Eric Trump gushes over Natalie Harp’s ‘genetics’ in cringy rant about her ‘looks’

August 19, 2026
News

LA mayor hopeful Nithya Raman taps Zohran Mamdani political gurus

August 19, 2026
News

Trump to Appear on Fixer-Turned-Adversary Michael Cohen’s Podcast

August 19, 2026
News

Why the Closing of Harvard’s Writing Center Matters

August 19, 2026
Bessent acts to break bond market fever, head off rising borrowing costs

Bessent acts to break bond market fever, head off rising borrowing costs

August 19, 2026
Mitch McConnell’s ‘strange’ health update sparks skepticism from critics: ‘No video?’

‘Frozen in place’: Senate video reveals Mitch McConnell’s condition before he vanished

August 19, 2026
AI hallucinated case law in insurance company’s filings in L.A. County house fire dispute

Insured with State Farm? They may owe you $100 or more

August 19, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026