DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Latest Trump-backed Kennedy Center renaming bid triggers emergency hearing: report

August 22, 2026
in News
Latest Trump-backed Kennedy Center renaming bid triggers emergency hearing: report

A federal judge has set an emergency hearing after the Kennedy Center’s board voted to put Trump’s name back up.

The hearing was set for Thursday as Rep. Joyce Beatty (D-OH) challenges the Trump team’s plan to re-add his name to the facade and close the center for two years, according to a post on X by journalist Scott MacFarlane.

Beatty, an ex officio member of the center’s board, filed an emergency motion last week to stop the move, NPR reported. Beatty is asking U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper to block the board from re-inscribing the president’s name on the front portico, this time twice, and from renaming the grounds “President Donald J. Trump Plaza,” according to the filing.

Her motion also targets the board’s August 13 vote to shutter the venue for two years for renovations, which critics fear masks a broader effort to remake the complex in Trump’s image, according to The Associated Press.

“It’s deja vu all over again,” Beatty’s lawyers wrote in the filing. They argued that only Congress can rename an institution dedicated as a living memorial to Kennedy in 1964.

Cooper, an Obama appointee, made a similar ruling in the long-running battle over Trump’s efforts to rename the Kennedy Center. In May, he ruled that the board lacked the authority to rename the center and ordered Trump’s name stripped from the facade. Cooper called the earlier closure vote “ill-informed and seemingly preordained,” NBC News reported. Trump’s name came down in June, though a tarp has covered the portico since June 13, Forbes reported.

The board has said it won’t add Trump’s name back before September 8, NPR reported. Beatty’s team called that an “arbitrary deadline” and a manufactured emergency. Cooper gave the board until Monday to respond, according to Forbes.

“The board’s repeated efforts to break the law are a breathtaking act of defiance,” Beatty said.

The post Latest Trump-backed Kennedy Center renaming bid triggers emergency hearing: report appeared first on Raw Story.

Trump says oil companies are ‘making too much money.’ Their own balance sheets agree
News

Trump says oil companies are ‘making too much money.’ Their own balance sheets agree

by Fortune
August 22, 2026

When Chevron reported its highest quarterly profit in six years on July 31, 2026, it was just one detail in ...

Read more
News

U.S. hits Canada with 50 percent tariffs after talks fail, Carney vows retaliation

August 22, 2026
News

90% of executives say AI hasn’t boosted productivity. Some are still cutting jobs

August 22, 2026
News

Patients Are Skipping Going to the Doctor Because AI “Receptionists” Can’t Understanding What They’re Saying

August 22, 2026
News

I made the easy sausage and tortellini soup I’ve been seeing online. It’s perfect for busy weeknights.

August 22, 2026
‘Spider-Man,’ ‘Insidious 6’ Give Sony Top Two Spots at Box Office

‘Spider-Man,’ ‘Insidious 6’ Give Sony Top Two Spots at Box Office

August 22, 2026
Bill Maher checks Hunter Biden Maher over Iran war ‘nobody asked for’: ‘Excuse me!’

Bill Maher checks Hunter Biden Maher over Iran war ‘nobody asked for’: ‘Excuse me!’

August 22, 2026
Honey Boo Boo’s sister Pumpkin reveals staggering OnlyFans income as family helps promote ‘hardcore’ content

Honey Boo Boo’s sister Pumpkin reveals staggering OnlyFans income as family helps promote ‘hardcore’ content

August 22, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026