DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

UK Prime Minister weighs in on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK move

August 20, 2026
in News
UK Prime Minister weighs in on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK move

UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham called the security arrangements for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for their return to Britain a “private matter.”

“It’s a matter for Harry and for Meghan,” Burnham, 56, told the BBC in his first comments about the couple’s impending move on Wednesday.

“We wish them well in the move that they are making,” he added.

Andy Burnham
UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham (seen here) made his first comments about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s impending move back to the UK. Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock
Andy Burnham
Burnham (pictured above) said the security arrangements for the couple is a “private matter.” Kin Cheung/Pool AP via AP
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
Burnham added of the Sussexes (seen above), “We wish them well in the move that they are making.” BACKGRID

Page Six confirmed Wednesday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will return to the UK at the end of the month for an “extended period” with their children: Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5.

“The palace was made aware of the move,” a source confirmed to Page Six Wednesday.

We also hear Archie and Lilibet will attend school in the UK.

Additionally, we confirmed King Charles III, who has cancer, was only just informed of the move on Sunday, despite reuniting with the Sussexes and their children in England last month.

“I know that Charles is the reason they are moving back,” an insider told Page Six.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Page Six confirmed Wednesday that Harry and Markle (seen above) are moving back to England at the end of the month for an “extended period” with their two children. / SplashNews.com
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
We heard Archie and Lilibet will attend school in the UK. meghan/Instagram

Harry and his wife famously quit their royal duties in 2020 and moved to Montecito, Calif., where they own a $14 million estate.

The couple’s journey across the pond in July didn’t go as planned, after they were denied taxpayer-funded security and Buckingham Palace withdrew its offer to let them stay at the royal residence.

Harry was forced to spend most of the trip alone, with Markle, Archie and Lilibet flying in from Portugal to join Harry for their meeting with Charles, 77, and Queen Camilla, 79, at Highgrove House.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
Additionally, Page Six confirmed Markle and Harry (seen above) didn’t tell King Charles about their plans when they reunited with the monarch in England in July. / SplashNews.com
Prince Harry and his two kids
Harry (seen above with his kids) and Markle famously quit their royal duties and moved to California in 2020. Instagram/@meghan

The “Spare” author has gone to court numerous times in an attempt to gain security for his family when they visit the UK, but has been denied repeatedly.

It’s not known what provisions are being put in place for his family’s security once they return to England.

Harry notably told the BBC last year, “I can’t see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point.”

“And I think that it’s really quite sad that I won’t be able to show, you know, my children my homeland,” he shared.

The royal family
The Sussexes remain estranged from Prince William and Kate Middleton (all seen above). Samir Hussein/WireImage
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with their kids
Markle and Harry have been living in their $14 million Montecito estate with their two kids. meghan/Instagram

Harry also insisted at the time he wanted “reconciliation” with his estranged family,adding, “Life is precious.”

Despite the impending move, Page Six confirmed Harry is still not on speaking terms with his brother, Prince William.

We also hear it’s not expected that Archie and Lilibet will see William and Kate Middleton’s kids — Prince George, 13, Princess Charlotte, 11, and Prince Louis, 8.

The post UK Prime Minister weighs in on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK move appeared first on Page Six.

I spent a week at an all-inclusive resort in Mallorca with my kids. It changed everything I thought I knew about this type of travel.
News

I spent a week at an all-inclusive resort in Mallorca with my kids. It changed everything I thought I knew about this type of travel.

by Business Insider
August 20, 2026

The author stayed at an all-inclusive resort in Mallorca with her kids and was pleasantly surprised by how much they ...

Read more
News

‘Pod Save America’ Host Jon Lovett Roasts ‘Unhinged,’ Low-Tech LA Mayoral Debate

August 20, 2026
News

Trump FAA miffed that doughnut-munching contractors in $1.5B deal have ‘not done any work’

August 20, 2026
News

Democrats sound alarm about a new leader in uniform at Stars and Stripes

August 20, 2026
News

On This Day in 1988, a Free Outdoor Concert Organized by a Local Parks Department Saw the Birth of Grunge

August 20, 2026
There’s a ‘Demon’ Under the Bed in This Early 2000s Comedy, and Even the Directors Can’t Explain It

There’s a ‘Demon’ Under the Bed in This Early 2000s Comedy, and Even the Directors Can’t Explain It

August 20, 2026
The states where students are most and least likely to leave home for college, ranked

The states where students are most and least likely to leave home for college, ranked

August 20, 2026
You are paying for your favorite college athlete now: ‘the next stage of the arms race’

You are paying for your favorite college athlete now: ‘the next stage of the arms race’

August 20, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026