DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Prince Harry said he could never ‘see a world’ where he moved back to the UK a year before bombshell news

August 19, 2026
in News
Prince Harry said he could never ‘see a world’ where he moved back to the UK a year before bombshell news

Prince Harry had completely different thoughts about moving back to the UK last year.

Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, have made the shocking decision to move back to the UK at the end of the month along with their kids — Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5 — but back in May 2025, he said he couldn’t ever see that happening.

“I can’t see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point,” Harry told the BBC in a sit-down interview, citing his security concerns. “And the things that they’re gonna miss is, well, everything.”

“I love my country, I always have,” he added. “Despite what some people in that country have done.”

Prince Harry standing on stage holding a microphone.
Prince Harry (pictured above earlier this month) said in an interview last May that he “can’t see a world” where he’d move back to the UK with his wife, Meghan Markle, and their children. / SplashNews.com
Meghan Markle in a green dress with her hand on her head, with Prince Harry in a blue suit next to her, looking forward.
Page Six confirmed Wednesday that Harry and Markle (pictured above earlier this month) have made the shocking decision to move back to the UK six years after their highly publicized exit. / SplashNews.com

He stressed that “of course” he misses the UK.

“And I think that it’s really quite sad that I won’t be able to show, you know, my children my homeland,” he shared.

Harry said that he wanted nothing more than “reconciliation” with this family, though he acknowledged that some members of his family would never forgive him for releasing his memoir, “Spare,” in 2023.

“There’s no point in continuing to fight anymore,” he explained. “Life is precious.”

Page Six confirmed Wednesday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are moving back to the UK for “an extended period.”

Prince Harry looking forward and Meghan Markle smiling while wearing an American flag pin.
In Harry’s BBC interview last May, he insisted that he loves his country. / SplashNews.com
British Royal family members on a balcony, including Prince Charles, Camilla, Queen Elizabeth II, Meghan, Prince Harry, and Prince William.
He also stressed that he would love to “reconcile” with his family (pictured here in July 2018). Getty Images

We’re also told that their children will be enrolled at a school there.

“The palace was made aware of the move,” a source confirmed to us.

King Charles III was told on Sunday that Harry and Markle would be returning to Britain, and he looks forward to spending more time with them in a personal capacity, a source also shared.

According to the source, the king is also clear that the couple’s role and status as private individuals and non-working members of the royal family will not change.

An insider told us that the couple wanting to spend more time with Charles — who was diagnosed with cancerin February 2024 — is the reason for the move.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry stand side-by-side with a dark, glittering background.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved to California and stepped back from being senior members of the royal family in 2020. / SplashNews.com
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry pose for a selfie, smiling, with Harry wearing a tuxedo and Meghan wearing a black dress.
They’ve been living in a multimillion-dollar estate in Montecito ever since.They’re pictured here earlier this month. meghan/Instagram

Harry, 41, and Markle, 45, made the bombshell decision to step away from the royal family and move to California in January 2020.

“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution,” they said in a statement at the time.

“We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen,” they added, referencing the late Queen Elizabeth II, who died in September 2022 at the age of 96.

The bought a $14.6 million home in Montecito in August of that year, where they have been raising their kids.

The post Prince Harry said he could never ‘see a world’ where he moved back to the UK a year before bombshell news appeared first on Page Six.

Report warns Paramount-Warner merger could erase 4,500 jobs in L.A.
News

Report warns Paramount-Warner merger could erase 4,500 jobs in L.A.

by Los Angeles Times
August 20, 2026

Paramount Skydance’s proposed $111-billion takeover of Warner Bros. Discovery could result in 4,500 jobs eliminated in Los Angeles over a ...

Read more
News

L.A. officer who recorded colleagues’ racist remarks won’t face felony charges

August 20, 2026
News

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will reportedly return to U.K. after six years in U.S.

August 20, 2026
News

LA man regrets asking city to fix pothole: ‘Laughing at how bad this is’

August 20, 2026
News

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle leaving SoCal, reportedly returning to U.K.

August 20, 2026
Ties to data centers could cost Ohio Sen. Jon Husted his seat, memo warns

Ties to data centers could cost Ohio Sen. Jon Husted his seat, memo warns

August 20, 2026
Piers Morgan, Meghan McCain and More Sound Off on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK Move

Piers Morgan, Meghan McCain and More Sound Off on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK Move

August 19, 2026
New details revealed about ‘extraordinary moment’ between Trump and devoted aide

Unrest brewing in White House as Trump’s ‘human binky’ takes center stage: analyst

August 19, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026