DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Anne Hathaway Reacts to Julie Andrews Passing on ‘Princess Diaries 3’: ‘If She Has a Change of Heart, We’re Down’

August 19, 2026
in News
Anne Hathaway Reacts to Julie Andrews Passing on ‘Princess Diaries 3’: ‘If She Has a Change of Heart, We’re Down’

Anne Hathaway is still leaving the door open for Julie Andrews to change her mind and come back for “The Princess Diaries 3,” but also wants to be “respectful” of the 90-year-old legend’s wishes.

“First of all, I just want to say, if she has a change of heart, we’re down,” Hathaway told Entertainment Tonight at D23 Expo this week.

“But we also want to be respectful. Like, she’s — for goodness sakes, if anybody’s contributed to the world of entertainment and to our collective joy, it’s her,” Hathaway gushed. “Whatever she wants, we completely understand.”

The actress, now 43 and recognized at the Disney fan experience in Anaheim on Sunday as an official Disney Legend, is coming back for “The Princess Diaries 3” as star and producer with director Adele Lim, the filmmaker behind the comedy “Joy Ride.” She admitted that the team “did push really hard to see if she would want to do it,” but ultimately it wasn’t in the cards.

Andrews confirmed her decision in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter earlier this month.

“I think the absolute truth is that I think I’m really past all that now,” Andrews said. “I’m not completely retired, but it’s a different kind of work that I do these days — [writing] books, and I do a lot of recording of podcasts and voiceovers. But truly, I don’t think I should be a part of it.”

Separately, “The Princess Diaries 3” got a promising update as Hathaway made the press rounds for “The Odyssey.” Speaking with Andy Cohen, she said that the long-awaited sequel is “moving in the right direction.”

“I’m busy making baby number three, and that has sort of taken the place of knowing exactly when I can make ‘Princess Diaries 3,’” Hathaway joked, while holding her baby bump, before revealing, “I can say I think we had a story breakthrough.”

“I think that we’re moving in the right direction. The script that we were working on had, you know, we kind of had to start over with this new direction, which is not the update I think anybody wants,” Hathaway added, noting, “But we all feel really good that this is going to be the one.”

Back on the D23 carpet with Entertainment Tonight on Sunday, the actress emphasized that at the end of the day, she just wants “it to be fun” for longtime fans of the Disney franchise.

“I want the women who were six when the first one came out — a lot of whom are now mothers themselves maybe even with six-year-olds — I want them to feel like they’re bringing their children to something that mattered to them, a core memory for them, something that was a part of their heart and their lives,” Hathaway shared. “And that means doing it justice and that means taking the time that it takes to build it right. That’s a lot of pressure, but I feel like this is a great team.”

The post Anne Hathaway Reacts to Julie Andrews Passing on ‘Princess Diaries 3’: ‘If She Has a Change of Heart, We’re Down’ appeared first on TheWrap.

YouTube punches back at Netflix by offering top creators millions for exclusive deals
News

YouTube punches back at Netflix by offering top creators millions for exclusive deals

by Business Insider
August 20, 2026

YouTube CEO Neal Mohan. TAAF)YouTube is punching back at Netflix, offering creators millions to stay away from the streamer.YouTube recently ...

Read more
News

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK return is ‘an admission of failure,’ proves they ‘need the monarchy’

August 20, 2026
News

Meghan Markle once moaned she had a ‘problem’ with her and Prince Harry’s kids going to school in UK

August 20, 2026
News

Trump personally intervened to help most loyal aide get security clearance: report

August 20, 2026
News

Staggering revelation about Trump’s closest aide sparks instant backlash

August 20, 2026
Report warns Paramount-Warner merger could erase 4,500 jobs in L.A.

Report warns Paramount-Warner merger could erase 4,500 jobs in L.A.

August 20, 2026
Felonies to be dropped against L.A. officer who recorded colleagues’ racist remarks

L.A. officer who recorded colleagues’ racist remarks won’t face felony charges

August 20, 2026
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will reportedly return to U.K. after six years in U.S.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will reportedly return to U.K. after six years in U.S.

August 20, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026