DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Sickening twist in case of thrice-deported illegal migrant accused of butchering two women and two-week-old baby in Modesto

June 1, 2026
in News
Sickening twist in case of thrice-deported illegal migrant accused of butchering two women and two-week-old baby in Modesto

An illegal migrant accused of wiping out three generations of a familymay have been living with the victims and fathered a child with one of them, cops have suggested.

The Modesto Police Department said it believes 28-year-old Joaquin Escoto resided in the home where two women and a two-week-old baby were stabbed to death last week.

Detectives also said he appeared to be in a relationship with one of the victims, though the exact nature of it remains under investigation.

Joaquin Escoto being arrested by Modesto Police Department.
An illegal migrant accused of wiping out three generations of a family may have been living with the victims and fathered a child with one of them, cops have suggested. stocktonchronicle
Fabiola Gonzalez (left) and her mother, Silvia Nuñez.
The revelation comes as authorities identified the victims as 54-year-old Maria Silvia Nuñez-Villalobos, her 23-year-old daughter Fabiola Gonzalez-Nuñez. FOX40

The revelation comes as authorities identified the victims as 54-year-old Maria Silvia Nuñez-Villalobos, her 23-year-old daughter Fabiola Gonzalez-Nuñez, and Gonzalez-Nuñez’s two-week-old son, Mateo.

Escoto remains jailed on three counts of murder, along with special-circumstance allegations, use of a deadly weapon enhancements and an outstanding warrant tied to a prior DUI case.

Police responded to the home near Monterey and Thrasher avenues on the morning of May 28 after receiving reports of a disturbance near Orville Wright Elementary School.

Newborn baby Mateo Gonzalez sleeping, swaddled in a blanket and wearing a striped hat.
Gonzalez-Nuñez’s two-week-old son, Mateo, later died from his injuries in hospital. FOX40

When officers arrived, they found Gonzalez-Nuñez suffering from multiple stab wounds. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

During a subsequent search of the residence, officers discovered Nuñez-Villalobos and infant Mateo. The grandmother was declared dead at the home, while the newborn was rushed to a hospital, where he died.

Cops also found a young child alive inside the residence. Police said the child is the son of Escoto and Gonzalez-Nuñez. Child Protective Services has since taken custody of the youngster.

Joaquin Escoto being led away in handcuffs by two officers.
Escoto was later found hiding inside a neighboring residence and was arrested without incident. The family has since spoken publicly about the devastating loss. stocktonchronicle

After the killings, law enforcement established a perimeter around the neighborhood and launched a search that forced a nearby elementary school into lockdown.

Escoto was later found hiding inside a neighboring residence and was arrested without incident. The family has since spoken publicly about the devastating loss.

“Our family is experiencing a heartbreaking loss that words cannot adequately express,” relative Marisa Jimenez wrote in a GoFundMe campaign established to help cover funeral expenses and support services.

“The devastating circumstances surrounding this tragedy have left our family shattered.”

Fabiola Gonzalez Nuñez, a pregnant woman, smiling and holding her belly.
Gonzalez-Nuñez was remembered as “a devoted mother, daughter, and loved one who brought joy and love to those fortunate enough to know her,” while baby Mateo was described as “an innocent child whose life was taken far too soon.” gofundme
Police vehicles and crime scene tape block off a street.
After the killings, law enforcement established a perimeter around the neighborhood and launched a search that forced a nearby elementary school into lockdown. FOX40

Relatives described Nuñez-Villalobos as “a loving grandmother whose kindness and strength touched everyone around her.”

Gonzalez-Nuñez was remembered as “a devoted mother, daughter, and loved one who brought joy and love to those fortunate enough to know her,” while baby Mateo was described as “an innocent child whose life was taken far too soon.”

The case has attracted additional scrutiny after reports revealed Escoto, a Mexican national from Jalisco, had previously been deported from the United States three times.

“In a single moment, generations of love, memories, and dreams for the future were taken from us,” the fundraiser states.

By the weekend, the campaign had raised more than $26,000 toward a $30,000 goal to help family members pay for funeral costs, counseling and other expenses as they cope with the tragedy.

The investigation remains ongoing.

The post Sickening twist in case of thrice-deported illegal migrant accused of butchering two women and two-week-old baby in Modesto appeared first on New York Post.

‘National Treasure 3’: Nic Cage Sequel Is Happening, Franchise Director Says
News

‘National Treasure 3’: Nic Cage Sequel Is Happening, Franchise Director Says

by TheWrap
August 22, 2026

“National Treasure 3” could soon be coming to a theater near you. Franchise director Jon Turteltaub revealed in a live ...

Read more
News

Trump’s first Grand Prix DC race draws instant ridicule: ‘Clowns need attention’

August 22, 2026
News

This West Coast Legend Shares the Rapper He Thinks Resembles Kendrick Lamar the Closest in Hip-Hop Today

August 22, 2026
News

America’s largest association of cattle ranchers says Trump’s plan to lower beef prices is ‘undermining’ farmers

August 22, 2026
News

Kacey Musgraves sings atop giant ‘disco balls’ during cheeky tour performance

August 22, 2026
Homeless fixture has spent nearly 20 years on the same LA block — just check Google Maps

Homeless fixture has spent nearly 20 years on the same LA block — just check Google Maps

August 22, 2026
Nancy Kassebaum, First Woman to Chair a Major Senate Panel, Dies at 94

Nancy Kassebaum, First Woman to Chair a Major Senate Panel, Dies at 94

August 22, 2026
Tropical Storm Moke advances toward Hawaii as winds strengthen

Tropical Storm Moke advances toward Hawaii as winds strengthen

August 22, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026