DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Stefanik launched failed governor bid ‘almost out of spite’ after Trump move: insider

May 23, 2026
in News
Stefanik launched failed governor bid ‘almost out of spite’ after Trump move: insider

Rep. Elise Stefanik’s short-lived bid to be the Republican governor of New York wasn’t a long-planned campaign for higher office. According to a New York Republican who knows her well, it was a tantrum.

A plugged-in New York Republican told Politico’s Ben Jacobs in a piece published Friday that Stefanik launched her run for governor “almost out of spite” after President Donald Trump yanked her U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations nomination.

Stefanik had given up her House leadership post and her seat on the House Intelligence Committee to prepare for the UN role. She let staff go. She waited. Then Trump, citing the GOP’s razor-thin House majority and concerns about a special election in her district, pulled the plug on the nomination in March 2025.

The collapse appears to have stung, according to Politico’s reporting. The same person close to Stefanik who described the governor bid as spite-driven told Politico that for Stefanik to actually win in deep-blue New York, she “would need to have a pitch perfect year.”

She didn’t get one. After Nassau County executive Bruce Blakeman entered the GOP primary in December, Stefanik dropped out of the race rather than burn resources fighting another Republican in the lead-up to a general election that everyone knew would be uphill.

In a separate New York Magazine interview, Stefanik said previously her campaign required “a clean shot” that never materialized. The Politico account adds a potential missing piece. According to those in her circle, the campaign wasn’t really about beating Democratic Gov. Kathy Hochul. It was about not letting Trump’s UN reversal stand as the last word.

The post Stefanik launched failed governor bid ‘almost out of spite’ after Trump move: insider appeared first on Raw Story.

Colbert’s Sudden Return to Late Night? It Happened on Public Access.
News

Colbert’s Sudden Return to Late Night? It Happened on Public Access.

by New York Times
May 23, 2026

When the comedian Stephen Colbert hosted the final episode of “The Late Show” on CBS on Thursday, he told his ...

Read more
News

Grizz Chapman, Actor on ‘30 Rock,’ Dies at 52

May 23, 2026
News

U.S. debt is the ‘elephant in the room’ amid bond market rout as Fed-fueled interest costs could drive even larger deficits, analysts warn

May 23, 2026
News

Trump drops major announcement from Oval Office after day of D.C. chaos

May 23, 2026
News

Cheap thrills: How to score safaris, fine dining and comfy flights on a budget

May 23, 2026
Brad Pitt will never marry again after Angelina Jolie ‘alienated’ him from their kids following brutal split: report

Brad Pitt will never marry again after Angelina Jolie ‘alienated’ him from their kids following brutal split: report

May 23, 2026
Ex-GOP operative names overlooked ‘foremost threat to the stability of the republic’

Ex-GOP operative names overlooked ‘foremost threat to the stability of the republic’

May 23, 2026
This Puerto Rican Pop Star’s Concert Came To Screeching Halt After Someone Set off Tear Gas Near the Stage

This Puerto Rican Pop Star’s Concert Came To Screeching Halt After Someone Set off Tear Gas Near the Stage

May 23, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026