DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Anderson Cooper bids ’60 Minutes’ a final goodbye

May 18, 2026
in News
Anderson Cooper bids ’60 Minutes’ a final goodbye

Anderson Cooper has signed off from “60 Minutes” for the last time.

After two decades as a correspondent on the CBS’ news magazine, he officially ended his run Sunday night.

Cooper, who also hosts a news program on CNN, announced in February his plans to leave CBS, months after an internal shake-up that followed the arrival of editor-in-chief, Bari Weiss.

“Things can always evolve and change, and I think that’s awesome, and things should evolve and change, but I hope the core of what ’60 Minutes’ is always remains,” Anderson said on-air. “I think the independence of ’60 Minutes’ has been critical.”

Throughout the farewell segment, the 58-year-old journalist, who was hired in 2007, reminisced about some career highlights, like speaking with Holocaust survivors and people battling malnutrition in Niger, as well as interviewing A-listers like Lady Gaga and Prince Harry. He also said he hopes the show continues to be a reliable source of investigative journalism.

“I think the trust it has with viewers is critical to the success of ’60 Minutes.’ When you see a ’60 Minutes’ story, and you’re like, ‘That was a really good story.’ It was a good story because it requires time, it requires patience, it requires money,” he said. “I hope that’s known and honored and valued and continues.”

His departure comes at an uncharted time for CBS, as the company undergoes several leadership changes. Last year, billionaire David Ellison successfully merged his company, Skydance Media, with Paramount, CBS’s parent company. Soon after, Ellison hired Bari Weiss as CBS News editor-in-chief.

Two months after taking on the new role, Weiss made the widely panned decision to pull a “60 Minutes” episode that examined the alleged abuse of deportees sent from the U.S. to an El Salvador prison. The decision earned Weiss heavy criticism and accusations that the move was politically motivated, which CBS has denied.

Cooper said that he’s leaving the program to spend more time with his young children. He will remain as an anchor for CNN.

He added, “I hope ’60 Minutes’ is around for when my kids grow up and have kids of their own, and they can watch it with their kids.”

The post Anderson Cooper bids ’60 Minutes’ a final goodbye appeared first on Los Angeles Times.

10 mistakes guests should never make at weddings, according to etiquette experts
News

10 mistakes guests should never make at weddings, according to etiquette experts

by Business Insider
May 18, 2026

According to etiquette experts, there are a few things wedding guests should never do. Klaus Vedfelt/Getty ImagesBusiness Insider asked etiquette ...

Read more
News

The hefty price Prince William and Kate Middleton pay to rent lavish new ‘forever home’ revealed

May 18, 2026
News

JD Vance’s flopped joke sparks instant mockery: ‘Charm of a rattlesnake’

May 18, 2026
News

Paramount Taps Former Google Exec Barak Turovsky as Consumer AI Head

May 18, 2026
News

Ryanair’s CFO says the airline has plans for an ‘armageddon situation’ as the jet fuel crisis threatens weaker European airlines this winter

May 18, 2026
E.P.A. to End Some Limits on ‘Forever Chemicals’ in Drinking Water

E.P.A. to End Some Limits on ‘Forever Chemicals’ in Drinking Water

May 18, 2026
Heading Into the Finale, the Survivor Challenge Team Breaks Down Season 50

Heading Into the Finale, the Survivor Challenge Team Breaks Down Season 50

May 18, 2026
Parents Explode in Fury at School’s Plan to Constantly Film Their Children to Train AI

Parents Explode in Fury at School’s Plan to Constantly Film Their Children to Train AI

May 18, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026