Two teenagers were among three people arrested after at least a dozen apparently random drive-by shootings in Austin, Texas, over the weekend left four people injured, the authorities said on Sunday.
The teenage boys, 15 and 17, were arrested in connection with at least 12 separate drive-by shootings in the city’s south and east on Saturday and Sunday, the Austin Police Department said. A third person was taken into custody on Sunday night.
Shots had been fired into two fire stations, two apartment buildings and other houses, Austin Police Chief Lisa Davis said at a news conference on Sunday.
Four people were injured, one of them critically, officials said.
The city’s mayor, Kirk Watson, said during an earlier news briefing on Sunday that there was no apparent motive. “In fact, these actions appear to be random,” Mr. Watson said.
The 15-year-old had stolen a gun from a store on Saturday, Chief Davis said, adding that there was a warrant for the 17-year-old for the theft of a gun from the same store. The teenagers also stole over four vehicles, she added.
“These are dangerous kids out causing havoc in this city, and they had to be taken into custody, and they were, safely,” Chief Davis said.
Edgar Sandoval covers Texas for The Times, with a focus on the Latino community and the border with Mexico. He is based in San Antonio.
The post 2 Teenagers Arrested After Drive-By Shootings in Austin Injure at Least 4 appeared first on New York Times.




