DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Trial Begins for 3 Men Accused of Arson Attacks at Starmer’s Homes

April 29, 2026
in News
Trial Begins for 3 Men Accused of Arson Attacks at Starmer’s Homes

Three men accused of being responsible for a series of arson attacks on property linked to Prime Minister Keir Starmer of Britain went on trial on Wednesday in central London.

The fires broke out over a five-day period in May last year, at a house, an apartment and a vehicle, all of which Mr. Starmer either owned or had previously used. No one was injured, but the three defendants have been charged with “being reckless” over the possibility that people could have been killed because of their actions.

Prosecutors opened their case against the three men, Roman Lavrynovych, 22, Stanislav Carpiuc, 27, and Petro Pochynok, 35, at London’s central criminal court, known as the Old Bailey.

The three men deny all charges. Mr. Lavrynovych, a builder and aspiring model, and Mr. Pochynok, who described himself online as an “entrepreneur” in fashion retail, are Ukrainian citizens. Mr. Carpiuc, a hotel worker who is also an aspiring model, was born in Ukraine but holds Romanian nationality, according to his lawyer. They each lived in different parts of London at the time of the fires.

Counterterrorism detectives investigated the fires because of their connection to “a high-profile public figure,” the Metropolitan Police said in a statement last year.

Prosecutor Sarah Przybylska told a previous hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court that the case involved three fires that were all “set at locations linked to the Prime Minister.” At that time, she said that “the alleged offending is unexplained,” although more details of the investigation are expected to be revealed at the trial.

In Britain, strict laws prevent the reporting of anything that could prejudice a jury after charges have been filed.

The first fire targeted an S.U.V. that Mr. Starmer had previously owned, which went up in flames on a residential London street at 3 a.m. on May 8, prosecutors said. Three days later, the front door of an apartment building where Mr. Starmer had lived in the 1990s was set on fire. And in the early hours of May 12, the townhouse that he shared with his family in Kentish Town before moving in 2024 to the British prime minister’s official residence, 10 Downing Street, was also targeted.

Mr. Starmer still owns the house, and people were living in it at the time of the fire, prosecutors said. Nobody was hurt, but the fire at the apartment building was at the entrance of the premises and blocked any exit for those inside, prosecutors said, and the front door of the townhouse was also set alight.

All three defendants have been charged with conspiring together to damage property by fire between April 1 and May 13 last year, which they deny. Mr. Lavrynovych faces two further charges of arson with intent to endanger life in relation to the incidents at Mr. Starmer’s former apartment and family home, and has pleaded not guilty. The trial is expected to last for two to three weeks.

The post Trial Begins for 3 Men Accused of Arson Attacks at Starmer’s Homes appeared first on New York Times.

Why Americans Keep Giving Their Pets the Same Names as Their Babies
News

Why Americans Keep Giving Their Pets the Same Names as Their Babies

by VICE
August 22, 2026

The most popular dog names in America right now are Bella, Luna, Max, Daisy, and Charlie. The most popular baby ...

Read more
News

Trump’s 50% tariffs on Canada take effect after last-minute talks fail 

August 22, 2026
News

The author of ‘Sapiens’ says ‘now is the time’ to resist giving AI rights

August 22, 2026
News

Trump Knocks Tucker Carlson’s Political Chances, Mocks Greene-Massie Alliance in Scathing Tirade

August 22, 2026
News

Fishermen stunned when they hooked this massive sea beast — believed to be the biggest of its kind caught on East Coast

August 22, 2026
No deal: U.S. to impose 50% tariffs on many Canadian products as trade deadline passes

No deal: U.S. to impose 50% tariffs on many Canadian products as trade deadline passes

August 22, 2026
Close and Loving, or Oppressive? A Novelist Takes Aim at Italian Families.

Close and Loving, or Oppressive? A Novelist Takes Aim at Italian Families.

August 22, 2026
No deal reached in U.S.-Canada trade talks as 50 percent tariffs take effect

No deal reached in U.S.-Canada trade talks as 50 percent tariffs take effect

August 22, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026