DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Two more hostages, including Oct. 7 ‘hero,’ found dead in Gaza City

August 29, 2025
in News
Two more hostages, including Oct. 7 ‘hero,’ found dead in  Gaza City
494
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The remains of two more Israeli hostages have been recovered, Israel said Friday — as it declared Gaza City a “dangerous combat zone.”

The body of Oct. 7 “hero” Ilan Weiss, 56, was found alongside the remains of another hostage who has yet to be identified, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said.

They were recovered during a joint military and Shin Bet security operation in the Gaza Strip 693 days after they were taken on Oct. 7, the IDF noted.

Ilan Weiss
Ilan Weiss was killed on Oct. 7, according to Israeli officials.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had called Weiss a “hero” for the way he sacrificed himself while trying to defend his family and neighbors when Hamas terrorists stormed Kibbutz Be’eri.

His wife, Shiri, and daughter, Noga, were taken captive by Hamas but released in November 2023 during the first week-long cease-fire.

The IDF now believes Weiss “was murdered and kidnapped by Hamas during the October 7 Massacre.”

“Ilan showed courage and noble spirit when he fought the terrorists on that dark day,” Israel Defense Minister Israel Katz said in a statement.

“In his death, he gave life. And ever since, his family has shown extraordinary strength in their struggle for his return.”

This picture taken from a position near Israel's border with the Gaza Strip shows smoke billowing during an Israeli strike on the besieged Palestinian territory
Israel declared Gaza a “combat zone” on Friday. AFP via Getty Images

It’s not exactly clear where in the Gaza strip the two bodies were recovered. There are now 48 hostages remaining in Gaza, including 20 still believed to be alive, according to the Times of Israel.

Netanyahu vowed Israel “will not rest or be silent until we return all of our kidnapped people home — both the living and the dead.”

The announcement comes as Israeli officials declared Gaza City a “dangerous combat zone” on Friday and said there will no longer be daily humanitarian pauses in military action in the enclave.

Shiri and Noga Weiss were released from captivity in November 2023.
Shiri and Noga Weiss were released from captivity in November 2023. HAMAS MEDIA OFFICE/AFP via Getty Images

Measures were taken last month to ensure greater aid distribution to starving Palestinians in Gaza following international outcry, and included instilling 10-hour daily pauses in fighting in parts of the Strip and establishing new aid operations.

The IDF said Friday that aid distribution efforts would continue but forces would simultaneously be conducting “offensive operations against terror groups in Gaza to protect Israeli civilians.”

The post Two more hostages, including Oct. 7 ‘hero,’ found dead in Gaza City appeared first on New York Post.

Tags: gaza striphostagesIsraelIsrael-Hamas war
Share198Tweet124Share
Trump Cedes the Clean Energy Lead to China
News

Trump Cedes the Clean Energy Lead to China

by Foreign Policy
August 29, 2025

U.S. President Donald Trump ramped up his efforts against the U.S. clean energy sector this week by taking aim at ...

Read more
News

Why You Still Have Stress Dreams About School

August 29, 2025
Crime

Mike Johnson Flails on Fox When Reminded of His State’s Crime Stats

August 29, 2025
News

Tennis Star Confronts Opponent in Fiery Exchange

August 29, 2025
News

Co-living spaces are more than just ‘adult dorms.’ They could be a solution to the housing crisis.

August 29, 2025
Trump moves to rescind $4.9 billion in foreign aid without Congress

Trump moves to rescind $4.9 billion in foreign aid without Congress

August 29, 2025
EU mulls military training in Ukraine after ceasefire

EU mulls military training in Ukraine after ceasefire

August 29, 2025
Students Call for More Protests in Indonesia After Fatal Clash With Police

Protests Spread Across Indonesia After a Deadly Clash With Police

August 29, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.