DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home Lifestyle Arts

Sabrina Carpenter doesn’t want to please anyone but her fans with ‘Man’s Best Friend’

August 29, 2025
in Arts, Entertainment, Music, News
Sabrina Carpenter doesn’t want to please anyone but her fans with ‘Man’s Best Friend’
495
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Sabrina Carpenter doesn’t care what “Tommy from Arkansas” thinks about her artistic choices.

In an interview with “CBS Mornings” on Friday, the “Espresso” singer talked about her reaction to the controversy behind the cover of her seventh album, “Man’s Best Friend,” which displays Carpenter on her knees at the feet of a male figure pulling her hair.

Gayle King read aloud a comment in which a fan said that Carpenter “can’t have it both ways. If it’s satire of how men treat us, it can’t also be a straightforward image of a woman being submissive just because it’s sexy.”

“Y’all need to get out more,” Carpenter told King. “I think I was actually shocked because I think between me and my friends and my family and the people that I always share my music and my art with first, it just wasn’t even a conversation.”

Last year, Carpenter released the album “Short n’ Sweet,” an LP that became one of the vibe setters for last summer.

During the 67th Grammys ceremony, the record took home two awards — pop vocal album and pop solo performance for “Espresso.”

Her follow-up effort was released on Thursday; the original artwork dropped months before, on June 11. By June 25, and amid the backlash, the artist posted an alternative cover on her Instagram that was “approved by God.” In it, the former Disney Channel co-star of “Girl Meets World” — she also sang the theme song — is simply standing by a man.

During the interview, the “Please Please Please” singer discussed her intentions behind the original cover art that divided fans.

“My interpretation is being in on the control, being in on your lack of control and when you want to be in control,” Carpenter said. “I think as a young woman, you’re just as aware of when you’re in control as to when you’re not.”

She added: “[‘Man’s Best Friend’ is] about the humanity of allowing yourself to make those mistakes, knowing when you’re putting yourself in a situation that will probably end up poorly, but it’s going to teach you something.”

But what do her parents think?

“My parents actually saw the photo, and they loved it.”

The post Sabrina Carpenter doesn’t want to please anyone but her fans with ‘Man’s Best Friend’ appeared first on Los Angeles Times.

Tags: Entertainment & ArtsMusicThe Latest
Share198Tweet124Share
Mayes orders Arizona’s top education official to end automatic ESA approval of requests under $2K
Education

Mayes orders Arizona’s top education official to end automatic ESA approval of requests under $2K

by KTAR
August 29, 2025

PHOENIX — Arizona’s top education official and the state’s attorney general are clashing over the empowerment scholarship accounts (ESA) program. ...

Read more
News

Newsom launches statewide task force to clear homeless encampments

August 29, 2025
News

Trump Throws Tantrum as ‘Beautiful’ Tariffs Ruled Illegal

August 29, 2025
News

Do Bulls Already Have Franchise Cornerstone on Roster? Insider Weighs In

August 29, 2025
News

Cubs Urged To Add $21 Million Veteran Hurler After Red Sox Release

August 29, 2025
Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson spark reconciliation speculation with Vegas getaway

Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson spark reconciliation speculation with Vegas getaway

August 29, 2025
Tom Homan says Trump administration has located 23,000 of the 300,000 migrant children lost under Biden administration

Tom Homan says Trump administration has located 23,000 of the 300,000 migrant children lost under Biden administration

August 29, 2025
A Trump-Brokered Peace Deal in the South Caucasus Is Hopeful but Incomplete

A Trump-Brokered Peace Deal in the South Caucasus Is Hopeful but Incomplete

August 29, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.