DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Venezuela’s Maduro says ‘no way’ US can invade as Trump deploys naval force

August 28, 2025
in News
Venezuela’s Maduro says ‘no way’ US can invade as Trump deploys naval force
495
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said there was “no way” United States troops could invade his country as tension rises with Washington and a US naval force builds up in the Southern Caribbean near Venezuela’s territorial waters.

“There’s no way they can enter Venezuela,” Maduro said on Thursday, stating that his country was well prepared to defend its sovereignty as US warships arrive in the region in a so-called operation against Latin American drug cartels.

“Today, we are stronger than yesterday. Today, we are more prepared to defend peace, sovereignty and territorial integrity,” Maduro said in a speech to troops, according to the state-run Venezuela News Agency.

Maduro made his comment as Venezuela’s ambassador to the United Nations, Samuel Moncada, met with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to protest the US military build-up.

“It’s a massive propaganda operation to justify what the experts call kinetic action – meaning military intervention in a country which is a sovereign and independent country and is no threat to anyone,” Moncada told reporters after meeting with Guterres.

“They are saying that they are sending a nuclear submarine … I mean, it’s ridiculous to think that they’re fighting drug trafficking with nuclear submarines,” the ambassador said.

Earlier on Thursday, Admiral Daryl Claude, the US Navy’s chief of naval operations, confirmed that US warships were deployed to waters off South America, citing concerns that some Venezuelans were participating in large-scale drug operations.

Seven US warships, along with one nuclear-powered fast attack submarine, were either in the region or were expected to be there in the coming week, a US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the Reuters news agency.

More than 4,500 US service members, including some 2,200 Marines, were also reported to be on board the ships in an operation that was launched after the Trump administration accused Maduro and other members of his government of links to cocaine trafficking.

Venezuela has responded to the US threats by sending warships and drones to patrol its coastline and launching a drive to recruit thousands of militia members to bolster domestic defences.

Caracas has also deployed 15,000 troops to its borders with Colombia to crack down on drug trafficking and other criminal gangs.

On Thursday, Maduro thanked Colombia for sending an additional 25,000 military personnel to the Colombia-Venezuela frontier to tackle “narco-terrorist gangs”, the Venezuela News Agency reported.

While the US has made no public threats to invade Venezuela, Trump’s threats against the country have focused chiefly on its powerful criminal gangs, particularly the cocaine trafficking Cartel de los Soles, which the Trump administration has designated a terrorist organisation and accused Maduro of leading.

Maduro has, in turn, accused Washington, which is offering a $50m reward for his capture over alleged drug offences, of seeking to implement regime change in Venezuela.

The post Venezuela’s Maduro says ‘no way’ US can invade as Trump deploys naval force appeared first on Al Jazeera.

Share198Tweet124Share
JD Vance blasts Jen Psaki for post declaring prayer ‘is not freaking enough’ in response to Minnesota shooting
News

JD Vance blasts Jen Psaki for post declaring prayer ‘is not freaking enough’ in response to Minnesota shooting

by New York Post
August 29, 2025

Vice President JD Vance slammed MSNBC host Jen Psaki on Thursday after she criticized prayer in the aftermath of the Annunciation Catholic ...

Read more
News

Ex-CDC Official Says RFK Jr. Never Briefed On Covid, Measles by His Team

August 29, 2025
News

US police say Minneapolis church shooter ‘idolised’ mass murderers

August 29, 2025
News

AI agents could make the org chart obsolete. Microsoft’s AI product lead explains what might replace it.

August 29, 2025
Crime

Florida extends execution record after man convicted of triple murder dies by lethal injection

August 29, 2025
What to know about the US warships sent to South America and the reaction in Venezuela

What to know about the US warships sent to South America and the reaction in Venezuela

August 29, 2025
Trump suggests more US cities need National Guard but crime stats tell a different story

Trump suggests more US cities need National Guard but crime stats tell a different story

August 29, 2025
Naomi Osaka’s big Labubu bling is making the US Open’s fashion extra fun

Naomi Osaka’s big Labubu bling is making the US Open’s fashion extra fun

August 29, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.