DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Sean “Diddy” Combs will remain in jail until October sentencing, judge rules

August 4, 2025
in News
Sean “Diddy” Combs will remain in jail until October sentencing, judge rules
493
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

A New York federal judge has denied Sean “Diddy” Combs‘ renewed bail request. The hip-hop mogul who was convicted last month on prostitution-related charges — but acquitted of sex trafficking and racketeering — will remain in jail until his sentencing in October. 

Judge Arun Subramanian said Monday that Combs “fails to satisfy his burden to demonstrate an entitlement to release.” He noted that increasing the bond or adding conditions doesn’t “change the calculus,” bringing up Combs’ violence in his personal relationships that he cited on the day of the verdict. 

In his decision, the judge also wrote that Combs “doesn’t contest that detention is mandatory for his crimes of conviction.”

Combs’ attorneys have made several requests for bail, including on the day of the verdict and after he was arrested in September 2024, and they were all denied.

Regarding the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn where Combs is detained, which has been scrutinized by Combs’ attorneys and public officials for what they say are dangerous and inhumane conditions, the judge said there has been “an incident of threatened violence from an inmate.” 

However, Subramanian said corrections staff “has been able to keep him safe and attend to his needs.” The judge did acknowledge “public outcry … from all corners” about the conditions there.

“While Combs may contend at sentencing that this evidence should be discounted and that what happened was nothing more than a case of willing ‘swingers’ utilizing the voluntary services of escorts for their mutual pleasure, the Government takes the opposite view: that Cassie Ventura and Jane were beaten, coerced, threatened, lied to, and victimized by Combs as part of their participation in these events,” Subramanian wrote in his ruling. “That makes this case unlike any of the cases Combs points to and places it outside the narrow exception to detention that Congress otherwise deemed mandatory.” 

Combs, 55, was convicted in early July of two counts of the prostitution-related charge. Each count carries a potential maximum sentence of 10 years in prison. Prosecutors said their preliminary calculations indicate Combs should get at least 51 to 63 months imprisonment on the two convictions, or a sentence of roughly four to five years. Combs had pleaded not guilty to all the charges. 

Combs will get 10 months credit for time served so far. He is scheduled to be sentenced on Oct. 3.

Alex Sundby

contributed to this report.

The post Sean “Diddy” Combs will remain in jail until October sentencing, judge rules appeared first on CBS News.

Share197Tweet123Share
Priest who had sex on church altar getting his confiscated electronics back
News

Priest who had sex on church altar getting his confiscated electronics back

by New York Post
August 30, 2025

A disgraced Catholic priest who filmed himself having sex with a pair of dominatrixes on a church’s altar is set ...

Read more
News

Trump, 79, Goes Full Grumpy Old Man in Rant Over Scratched Rose Garden Stone

August 30, 2025
News

ESPN’s Dan Orlovsky Slams Texas’ Steve Sarkisian Over Arch Manning Decision

August 30, 2025
News

Chicago mayor signs order to resist possible Trump troop deployment

August 30, 2025
News

Syracuse defender’s ‘suspicious’ injury during Tennessee game draws sharp criticism from announcers

August 30, 2025
Chicago mayor defies Trump’s immigration crackdown plan for the city

Chicago mayor defies Trump’s immigration crackdown plan for the city

August 30, 2025
Jelena Ostapenko apologizes on social media for what she said to Taylor Townsend at the US Open

Jelena Ostapenko apologizes on social media for what she said to Taylor Townsend at the US Open

August 30, 2025
Mom’s car stolen in L.A. with 3 young kids inside, dad dragged by pursuit suspect

Mom’s car stolen in L.A. with 3 young kids inside, dad dragged by pursuit suspect

August 30, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.