DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs is denied release on bond to await sentencing

August 4, 2025
in News
Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs is denied release on bond to await sentencing
493
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

NEW YORK (AP) — can’t go home from jail to await sentencing on his prostitution-related conviction, a judge said Monday, denying the rap and style mogul’s latest bid for bail.

Combs has been behind bars since his . He faced federal charges of coercing girlfriends into having drug-fueled with male sex workers while he watched and filmed them.

He was last month of the top charges — racketeering and sex trafficking — while being convicted of two counts of .

In denying Combs’ , Judge Arun Subramanian said the hip hop impresario hadn’t proven that he did not pose a flight risk or danger, nor shown an “exceptional circumstance” that would justify his release after a conviction that otherwise requires detention.

Combs’ arguments “might have traction in a case that didn’t involve evidence of violence, coercion or subjugation in connection with the acts of prostitution at issue, but the record here contains evidence of all three,” the judge wrote.

Prosecutors declined to comment on the ruling. Messages seeking comment were sent to Combs’ lawyers.

The conviction carries the potential for up to 10 years in prison. But there are complicated federal guidelines for calculating sentences in any given case, and prosecutors and Combs’ lawyers disagree substantially on how the guidelines come out for his case.

The guidelines aren’t mandatory, and Subramanian will have wide latitude in deciding Combs’ punishment.

The Bad Boy Records founder, now 55, was for decades a protean . A Grammy-winning hip hop artist and entrepreneur with a flair for finding and launching big talents, he presided over a that ranged from fashion to reality TV.

he used his fame, wealth and violence to force and manipulate two now-ex-girlfriends into days-long, drugged-up sexual performances he called “freak-offs” or “hotel nights.”

During the trial, four women testified that Combs had beaten or sexually assaulted them. Jurors also watched video of Combs hurling one of his former girlfriends, R&B singer Cassie, to the floor, repeatedly kicking her and then and dragging her down a hotel hallway.

that the government tried to criminalize consensual, if unconventional, sexual tastes that played out in complicated relationships. The defense acknowledged that Combs had violent outbursts but said nothing he did came amounted to the crimes with which he was charged.

Since the verdict, his lawyers have repeatedly renewed their efforts to get him out on bail until his sentencing, . They have argued that the acquittals undercut the rationale for holding him, and they have pointed to other people who were released before sentencing on similar convictions.

Defense lawyer Marc Agnifilo suggested in a court filing that Combs was the United States’ “only person in jail for hiring adult male escorts for him and his girlfriend.”

Agnifilo also raised concerns about squalor and danger at the Metropolitan Detention Center, the where Combs is being held. The judge wrote Monday that those conditions were a “serious” consideration, but he said Combs hadn’t shown that unique circumstances –- such as advanced age or medical issues –- would warrant his release.

The defense’s most recent proposal included the , plus travel restrictions, and expressed openness to adding on house arrest at his Miami home, electronic monitoring, private security guards and other requirements.

Prosecutors . They wrote that his “extensive history of violence — and his continued attempt to minimize his recent violent conduct — demonstrates his dangerousness.”

___

Associated Press writer Jake Offenhartz contributed from Los Angeles.

The post Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs is denied release on bond to await sentencing appeared first on Associated Press.

Share197Tweet123Share
Look out, Hollywood. Video game franchises dominate Gen Alpha’s attention
Arts

Look out, Hollywood. Video game franchises dominate Gen Alpha’s attention

by Los Angeles Times
August 29, 2025

Want to get Generation Alpha into movie theaters? Look to video games. Kids still like to go to the movies, ...

Read more
News

Luxury Southern California shopping mall loses a major tenant

August 29, 2025
News

‘Let justice prevail for August’: Injured Deshler student’s family asks for peace during search for answers

August 29, 2025
News

Western states seek to end long-running water dispute over dwindling Rio Grande

August 29, 2025
News

Trump’s global tariffs are illegal, federal court rules. Here’s why they’ll remain in place.

August 29, 2025
CVS Holds Off on Offering Covid Vaccines in 16 States

C.D.C. Uncertainty Upends Covid Vaccine Access at CVS and Walgreens

August 29, 2025
What’s on Peacock in September 2025? Full List of New Movies, Shows

What’s on Peacock in September 2025? Full List of New Movies, Shows

August 29, 2025
Trump’s Assault on the Federal Reserve

Trump’s Assault on the Federal Reserve

August 29, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.