DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

8 people shot after party shut down in Los Angeles, 2 dead 

August 4, 2025
in News
8 people shot after party shut down in Los Angeles, 2 dead 
494
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

A total of eight people were shot after a party in downtown Los Angeles overnight, and police say two of them are dead.

The shooting took place around 1 a.m. Monday in the area of East 14th Place and Paloma Street, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. The address provided by authorities is located in an industrial zone just north of the 10 Freeway. 

An event flyer indicates that an “unofficial” afterparty for attendees of the Hard Summer music festival called “Way After You Go Hard – Afterparty Day 2” was being held in the 1200 block of Paloma. Hard Summer was held at Hollywood Park, next to SoFi Stadium, over the weekend.

LAPD officers had previously been in the area around 11 p.m. Sunday to shut a party down, but it wasn’t immediately clear whether the gathering of people early Monday was connected to the earlier party that was shut down.  One person was detained for possessing a firearm during that interaction, authorities said.

Two hours later, officers returned to the area after a radio call of shots being fired, and when they arrived, a large crowd was blocking the roadway.

A Los Angeles Police Department spokesperson told KTLA 5’s Erin Myers early Monday morning that, in addition to the two , six people were injured – including at least one in critical condition.

The deceased victims were only described as a man and a woman. The former died at the scene while the latter was pronounced dead at a hospital. 

There was a large crowd spotted outside California Hospital Medical Center; it is believed that some of the victims were taken there by ambulance, while others self-transported.

Video footage shows a chaotic scene unfolding in the moments after the gunfire erupted, with people heard screaming and seen fleeing the area as officers arrived and began putting up crime scene tape. Two bodies were seen in the roadway; neither were moving.

The scene was still active at 6 a.m. Monday; East 14th Street remained blocked off between Paloma and Griffith Avenue. 

No information on a suspect or suspects was immediately available.

Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to contact the LAPD. 

The post 8 people shot after party shut down in Los Angeles, 2 dead  appeared first on KTLA.

Share198Tweet124Share
Republican Sen. Joni Ernst won’t seek reelection next year, source says
News

Republican Sen. Joni Ernst won’t seek reelection next year, source says

by ABC News
August 30, 2025

Iowa Republican Sen. Joni Ernst plans to announce that she will not run for reelection in 2026, a senior Republican ...

Read more
News

Tennis Star Apologizes For ‘No Education’ Outburst at U.S. Open

August 30, 2025
Football

How to Watch Rice vs Louisiana: Live Stream NCAA College Football, TV Channel

August 30, 2025
Football

Real Madrid beat Mallorca in La Liga, scoring twice in two minutes

August 30, 2025
News

Cowboys announce death of Super Bowl champion, ‘Doomsday Defense’ anchor Lee Roy Jordan

August 30, 2025
Donald Trump to Skip India Trip Amid Cooled Relationship With Modi—Report

Donald Trump to Skip India Trip Amid Cooled Relationship With Modi—Report

August 30, 2025
How to Watch Georgia State vs Ole Miss: Live Stream NCAA College Football, TV Channel

How to Watch Georgia State vs Ole Miss: Live Stream NCAA College Football, TV Channel

August 30, 2025
Verizon customers report phone outages, with devices limited to SOS mode

Verizon customers report phone outages, with devices limited to SOS mode

August 30, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.