DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

‘It Ends With Us’ editor complained ‘SMH’ about Blake Lively’s approval rights for sex scenes, unsealed texts show

August 3, 2025
in News
‘It Ends With Us’ editor complained ‘SMH’ about Blake Lively’s approval rights for sex scenes, unsealed texts show
497
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
blake lively and justin baldoni in it ends with us
Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni in “It Ends with Us.”

Sony Pictures Releasing

As they raced to complete the blockbuster movie “It Ends With Us,” one editor told another that he was shaking his head over Blake Lively’s final-cut approval for her character’s sex scenes.

“SMH,” editor Robb Sullivan told co-editor Oona Flaherty, according to a text chain unsealed Friday as part of Lively’s federal sexual-harassment lawsuit against costar and director Justin Baldoni.

In the chain, Sullivan is remarking on Lively having final approval for not only her own sex scenes in the movie, but those of the young actor playing her character’s teenage self in flashbacks.

The brief text chain, dated four months before the film’s 2024 release, hints at the tension surrounding Lively’s demand for control over the most sensitive scenes. It begins with Sullivan and Flaherty celebrating winning a PG-13 rating.

“Woot!” Flaherty texts, to which Sullivan responds, “Woo hoo,” and “I’ll drink to that! Of course, I was planning on drinking anyways…. :)”

Sullivan is not a party to the lawsuit; he did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Business Insider.

Lively’s 163-page lawsuit accuses Baldoni of sexual harassment, retaliation, and attempting to damage her reputation and her lifestyle businesses by orchestrating a surreptitious social media attack campaign.

Baldoni has denied the allegations, including in a now-dismissed $400 million countersuit that alleged she engaged in a “hostile takeover” of the production.

Lively’s lawsuit is being aggressively litigated against by Baldoni and his co-defendant production company Wayfarer Studios. In mid-July, the judge ordered Lively to turn over three years of her business income records to Baldoni. Lively’s lawsuit is scheduled to go to trial on March 9 in federal court in Manhattan.

The text chain released Friday had originally been turned over to Lively’s legal team by Baldoni in response to one of her subpoenas, according to legal filings.

Dated April 18, 2024, it now remains redacted to hide the contact information of the participants. They include a “J B,” who does not comment on the exchange, and does not appear to include Lively, who is referred to as “Blake.”

“Honestly, it’s all about control,” a participant identified as “Henny Grace” writes at one point in the chain.

The text chain was originally uploaded to the lawsuit’s case file by Lively’s team as a sealed exhibit addressed to US District Judge Lewis Liman, the Manhattan judge handling the case. It was part of Lively’s efforts to serve Sullivan with a subpoena.

Lively’s process server had been unable to serve Sullivan in person after five visits to his California address in mid-July, according to a July 28 decision signed by Liman.

“The process server attempted to serve Sullivan both during the day and after work hours but did not receive an answer, despite lights and television being on in the residence,” Liman wrote in allowing the process server to tack a copy of Lively’s subpoena to Sullivan’s door.

Lively’s attempts to serve subpoenas have been the subject of heated litigation in the last month. On July 26, Liman wrote that Lively has withdrawn her subpoenas to Google and X seeking the account information of five content creators who had been critical of her role in the lawsuit. The five content creators had all filed motions to quash Lively’s subpoenas.

The post ‘It Ends With Us’ editor complained ‘SMH’ about Blake Lively’s approval rights for sex scenes, unsealed texts show appeared first on Business Insider.

Share199Tweet124Share
Stephen King’s Response to Conservative Attack on Trans People Goes Viral
News

Stephen King’s Response to Conservative Attack on Trans People Goes Viral

by Newsweek
August 29, 2025

Horror author Stephen King‘s response to a conservative attack on transgender people has gone viral on X. Responding to backlash ...

Read more
News

Israel Launches Initial Expanded Operation Into Gaza City

August 29, 2025
News

After the Hunt Is a Pretentious Bore That Squanders Julia Roberts’ Spark

August 29, 2025
News

Pam Bondi’s Justice Department Make Deal to Save Her Brother’s Client

August 29, 2025
News

Hidden phones, earpieces: Five non-English speakers arrested for alleged CDL cheating scheme

August 29, 2025
Show Me the Person, and I’ll Show You the Crime

Show Me the Person, and I’ll Show You the Crime

August 29, 2025
Sony Does Not Want People Buying Bootleg Benson Boone Merch and They’re Going To Court Over It

Sony Does Not Want People Buying Bootleg Benson Boone Merch and They’re Going To Court Over It

August 29, 2025
Grief turns to hope as Minneapolis rallies behind kids hurt in school shooting

Grief turns to hope as Minneapolis rallies behind kids hurt in school shooting

August 29, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.