DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Dr. Oz touts $200B investment in Medicaid: ‘I’m trying to save this beautiful program’

August 3, 2025
in News, Politics
Dr. Oz touts $200B investment in Medicaid: ‘I’m trying to save this beautiful program’
495
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) administrator Dr. Mehmet Oz says the Trump administration plans to invest more than $200 billion “more dollars” into Medicaid following the passage of the “One Big Beautiful Bill.” 

“I’m trying to save this beautiful program, this noble effort, to help folks, giving them a hand up,” Oz told CBS’ “Face the Nation” on Sunday.

“And as you probably gather, if Medicaid isn’t able to take care of the people for whom it was designed, the young children, the dawn of their life, those who are twilight of their lives, the seniors, and those who were disabled living in the shadows, as Hubert Humphrey said, then we’re not satisfying the fundamental obligation of a moral government,” he continued. 

Oz, the 17th administrator for CMS, said the government wants “an appropriate return” on the Medicaid investment. He addressed the difference in drug costs between the US and Europe, adding that work is being done by the administration in an attempt to bring drug prices down.  

Sean Hannity on Fox News.
“I’m trying to save this beautiful program, this noble effort, to help folks, giving them a hand up,” Oz said. Fox News

Last week, the Trump administration announced it is launching a new program that will allow Americans to share personal health data and medical records across health systems and apps run by private tech companies, promising that this will make it easier to access health records and monitor wellness.

CMS will be in charge of maintaining the system, and officials have said patients will need to opt in for the sharing of their medical records and data, which will be kept secure.

Close-up of the Medicaid.gov website.
The Trump administration announced it is launching a new program that will allow Americans to share personal health data and medical records across health systems. IB Photography – stock.adobe.com

Those officials said patients will benefit from a system that lets them quickly call up their own records without the hallmark difficulties, such as requiring the use of fax machines to share documents, that have prevented them from doing so in the past.

“We’re going to have remarkable advances in how consumers can use their own records,” Oz said during the White House event.

Protestors marching for Medicare and Medicaid.
“We’re going to have remarkable advances in how consumers can use their own records,” Oz said. Gina M Randazzo/ZUMA / SplashNews.com

CMS already has troves of information on more than 140 million Americans who enroll in Medicare and Medicaid. Earlier this month, the federal agency agreed to hand over its massive database, including home addresses, to deportation officials.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

The post Dr. Oz touts $200B investment in Medicaid: ‘I’m trying to save this beautiful program’ appeared first on New York Post.

Tags: americansDonald Trumpdr. ozMedicaidMedicarepublic healthUnited States
Share198Tweet124Share
NC election official resigns after police say they caught him drugging teenagers’ ice cream
News

NC election official resigns after police say they caught him drugging teenagers’ ice cream

by TheBlaze
August 30, 2025

The head of the Surry County Board of Elections in North Carolina resigned after police say he was caught on ...

Read more
News

ICE Barbie Fires Dozens of FEMA Staffers After ‘Threat Actor’ Breach

August 30, 2025
News

English flag campaign: Patriotism or far-right aggression?

August 30, 2025
News

‘H Is For Hawk’ Review: Claire Foy Soars High In True Drama About A Woman And A Goshawk Who Bond Over Life And Loss – Telluride Film Festival

August 30, 2025
News

Red Sox replace World Series star Buehler with prospect Payton Tolle and get a gem in his MLB debut

August 30, 2025
Meta changes the way its AI chatbot responds to kids after senator launches probe into its conversations with teens

Meta changes the way its AI chatbot responds to kids after senator launches probe into its conversations with teens

August 30, 2025
Colorado adds mobile bathroom near team bench for season opener after Deion Sanders’ bladder cancer treatment

Colorado adds mobile bathroom near team bench for season opener after Deion Sanders’ bladder cancer treatment

August 30, 2025
Frank Price, a Studio Chief Several Times Over, Dies at 95

Frank Price, Hollywood Studio Chief Several Times Over, Dies at 95

August 30, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.