DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News Education

Trump admin will give billions in remaining withheld grants to schools

July 25, 2025
in Education, News
Trump admin will give billions in remaining withheld grants to schools
495
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Trump administration is releasing billions of dollars in grants to schools for adult literacy, English language instruction and other programs, the Education Department said Friday.

President Donald Trump’s administration had withheld more than $6 billion in funding on July 1, as part of a review to ensure spending aligned with the White House’s priorities.

The funding freeze had been challenged by several lawsuits as educators, Congress members from both parties and others called for the administration to release money schools rely on for a wide range of programs. Congress had appropriated the money in a bill signed this year by Trump.

Children sitting on a colorful rug in a classroom with a teacher.
According to the Education Department, the Trump administration is releasing billions of dollars in grants to schools. AP
Linda McMahon speaking at a Senate Appropriations hearing.
Education Secretary Linda McMahon speaks during a Senate Appropriations hearing on June 3, 2025, on Capitol Hill in Washington. AP

Last week, the Education Department said it would release $1.3 billion of the money for after-school and summer programming. Without the money, school districts and nonprofits such as the YMCA and Boys and Girls Club of America had said they would have to close or scale back educational offerings this fall.

The release of that money came days after 10 Republican senators sent a letter imploring the administration to allow frozen education money to be sent to states. Those senators had also called for the rest of the money to be distributed, including funds for adult education and teaching English as a second language.

The Education Department said Friday the Office of Management and Budget had completed its review of the programs and will begin sending the money to states next week.

Girl using laptop in classroom.
The release of that money comes after 10 Republican senators sent a letter asking the administration to allow frozen education money to be sent to states. AP
Art teacher assisting students with a digital art project.
The grants will go to schools for adult literacy, English language instruction and other programs. AP

U.S. Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, R-W.Va., was among the Congress members calling for the release of the grants.

“The programs are ones that enjoy longstanding, bipartisan support,” she said. She pointed to after-school and summer programs that allow parents to work while their children learn and classes that help adults gain new skills — contributing to local economies.

In withholding the funds, the Office of Management and Budget had said some of the programs supported a “ radical leftwing agenda. ”

“We share your concern,” the GOP senators had written. “However, we do not believe that is happening with these funds.”

School superintendents had warned they would have to eliminate academic services without the money. On Friday, AASA, an association of superintendents, thanked members of Congress for pressing to release the money.

The post Trump admin will give billions in remaining withheld grants to schools appeared first on New York Post.

Tags: Department Of EducationEducationgrantsSchools
Share198Tweet124Share
Family of Deshler student severely injured at school last week provides update on his recovery
News

‘Let justice prevail for August’: Injured Deshler student’s family asks for peace during search for answers

by WHNT
August 29, 2025

TUSCUMBIA, Ala. (WHNT) — The family of a Deshler student and football player who was severely injured at school is ...

Read more
News

Western states seek to end long-running water dispute over dwindling Rio Grande

August 29, 2025
News

Trump’s global tariffs are illegal, federal court rules. Here’s why they’ll remain in place.

August 29, 2025
News

C.D.C. Uncertainty Upends Covid Vaccine Access at CVS and Walgreens

August 29, 2025
Entertainment

What’s on Peacock in September 2025? Full List of New Movies, Shows

August 29, 2025
Trump’s Assault on the Federal Reserve

Trump’s Assault on the Federal Reserve

August 29, 2025
How to Watch Bethune-Cookman vs FIU: Live Stream NCAA College Football, TV Channel

How to Watch Bethune-Cookman vs FIU: Live Stream NCAA College Football, TV Channel

August 29, 2025
Will the C.D.C. Survive?

Will the C.D.C. Survive?

August 29, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.