DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Iranian foreign minister confirms nuclear sites ‘seriously damaged’ by US strikes but vows to continue uranium enrichment: ‘We can never give it up’

July 22, 2025
in News, Politics
Iranian foreign minister confirms nuclear sites ‘seriously damaged’ by US strikes but vows to continue uranium enrichment: ‘We can never give it up’
494
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Iran’s nuclear facilities were “seriously damaged” by US missile strikes last month but the regime intends to continue uranium enrichment efforts once they are rebuilt, Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi confirmed Monday. 

“Our facilities have been damaged, seriously damaged, the extent of which is now under evaluation,” Araghchi told Fox News “Special Report” host Bret Baier. 

“The facilities have been destroyed,” he later acknowledged, noting that Iran hasn’t been able to refine nuclear fuel since President Trump ordered military strikes on three uranium enrichment sites on June 22.  

Iranian official speaking in front of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs sign.
Araghchi indicated that Iran would not agree to any nuclear deal with the US that would bar it from enriching uranium — a critical component for a nuclear warhead. Fox

After the interview aired, Trump took to Truth Social and demanded an apology from CNN, whom he claims doubted the effectiveness of the airstrikes.

“Iran’s Foreign Minister, Abbas Araghchi, on the Iran Nuclear Sites: ‘Damages are very severe, they are destroyed.’ Of course they are, just like I said, and we will do it again, if necessary! As interviewed by Bret Baier,” Trump wrote. “Fake News CNN should immediately fire their phony ‘reporter’ and apologize to me and the great pilots who ‘OBLITERATED’ Iran’s nuclear sites. CNN is a major ratings loser, as is MSDNC!” the president added.

Araghchi insisted, however, that the sites would be rebuilt and the enrichment of nuclear material would continue for “peaceful purposes.” 

“It is now stopped because, yes, damages are serious and severe, but obviously we cannot give up our enrichment, because it is an achievement of our own scientists,” the foreign minister said. 

“And now, more than that, it is a question of national pride,” Araghchi added. 

The regime official signaled that Tehran would not agree to any nuclear deal with the Trump administration that would outlaw domestic uranium enrichment, calling it “a matter of dignity for the Iranian people.”

“If the goal is to make sure that Iran will never have nuclear weapons, that is achievable,” Araghchi said. “But if the goal is to deprive Iran from its rights, including the right of enrichment, I think we have, we have difficulty.”

“Enrichment is now stopped because our facilities have been under attack, but any settlement for Iran’s nuclear program should include enrichment in the future, because that is our right,” he continued. “We can never give it up.”

Satellite image of the Fordow Fuel Enrichment Plant in Iran after a US air strike.
The foreign minister claims Iran has not been able to enrich uranium since the US strikes on three of its nuclear facilities. Satellite image ©2025 Maxar Technologies/AFP via Getty Images

Araghchi was adamant that despite the devastation to the regime’s nuclear facilities, Iran still has the resources and expertise necessary for carrying out the highly technical process – which experts and world leaders have warned Iran has been undertaking in hopes of developing a nuclear weapon. 

“It is developed by ourselves. It is an achievement by ourselves. The technology is there. The scientists are there, the people who have run these facilities are there,” Araghchi said. “Buildings can be rebuilt. Facilities can be rebuilt. Machines can be replaced.” 

“I think the recent attack proved that there is no military option for our nuclear program.” 

Satellite image of airstrike craters at Iran's Fordow Fuel Enrichment Plant.
Araghchi vowed that Iran would rebuild the sites and restart its nuclear program. Satellite image ©2025 Maxar Technologies/AFP via Getty Images

When asked about the condition of Iran’s stockpile of already enriched uranium, Araghchi insisted that he had “no detailed information” about whether it was destroyed during the US airstrikes. 

The Iranian official also indicated that the regime would be unwilling to accept terms for the Trump administration that would direct Tehran to reduce its production of ballistic missiles or stop funding terror groups Hamas, Hezbollah and the Houthis. 

“They are fighting for a just cause, and we have always supported them,” he said of the Iranian proxies. 

“On our missiles, as I said, that is our most reliable means of defense,” Araghchi told Baier. “How we can disarm ourselves? Who can [Iran] accept anything like that?” 

“So, we will never disarm ourselves.” 

Trump has been adamant that any nuclear deal with Iran would need to include a mechanism that prevents the regime from ever engaging in uranium enrichment activities again. 

“We are open to talks [but] not direct for the time being,” Araghchi said of the state of negotiations. “If they are coming for a win-win solution, I am ready to engage with them.”

The post Iranian foreign minister confirms nuclear sites ‘seriously damaged’ by US strikes but vows to continue uranium enrichment: ‘We can never give it up’ appeared first on New York Post.

Tags: Donald TrumpIraniran dealNational Securitynuclear powerNuclear Weapons
Share198Tweet124Share
Anti-Israel vandals target ritzy NYC building where New York Times executive editor Joe Kahn lives
News

Anti-Israel vandals target ritzy NYC building where New York Times executive editor Joe Kahn lives

by New York Post
August 30, 2025

Vandals splattered red paint across the entrance of the ritzy Greenwich Village building where New York Times executive editor Joseph ...

Read more
News

White House Official Says Trump Administration Is on ‘Firm Legal Ground’ with $5 Billion Foreign Aid Pocket Rescissions

August 30, 2025
News

Trump Takes Aim at South Korean Chipmakers’ China Operations

August 30, 2025
News

Man jumps to his death from Fire Island Lighthouse: police

August 30, 2025
News

Three killed in fire at Indonesian government building blamed on protesters

August 30, 2025
Photos show the effects on students of a school in Nigeria after losing US aid

Photos show the effects on students of a school in Nigeria after losing US aid

August 30, 2025
Another GOP Governor Caves to Trump’s Redistricting Blitz

Another GOP Governor Caves to Trump’s Redistricting Blitz

August 30, 2025
3 Killed as Protests in Indonesia Spread Beyond Jakarta

3 Killed as Protests in Indonesia Spread Beyond Jakarta

August 30, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.