DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

E. Jean Carroll Trolls Trump as His Appeal Fails in $5M Sexual Abuse and Defamation Case

July 11, 2025
in News
E. Jean Carroll Trolls Trump as His Appeal Fails in $5M Sexual Abuse and Defamation Case
498
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

E. Jean Carroll brutally trolled President Donald Trump for losing his appeal after being found liable for sexually abusing and defaming the advice columnist in a department store dressing room in the mid-’90s.

A jury found Trump liable for sexual abuse and defamation in May 2023, ordering him to pay Carroll $5 million, and another jury ordered him to pay another $83.3 million in a separate defamation case last year. Trump denied the allegations, saying Carroll is “not my type”—and announced appeals in both cases.

However, his appeal for the 2023 charges has fallen on deaf ears. On Thursday, the 2nd Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in New York announced that the original decision would remain in effect.

The president now has 90 days to ask the Supreme Court to consider his appeal. This will be the final instalment in the saga, and will be the deciding factor in whether Trump has to fork out $5 million to the author.

Carroll responded to the news that Trump’s appeal was blocked by sharing a screenshot of CNBC’s coverage of the matter on X. She wrote the date and added: “So long, Old Man! The United States Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit, bids thee farewell.”

E. Jean Carroll at the court house.
A federal jury in 2023 found Trump liable for sexual abuse against Carroll, an advice columnist. Stephanie Keith/Getty Images

A spokesperson for Trump, in a statement given to CNBC, blamed the failure on “political weaponization of our justice system,” and said that the “Democrat-funded Carroll Hoaxes” should have been handled by his attorney general, Pam Bondi.

“The American People are supporting President Trump in historic numbers, and they demand an immediate end to the political weaponization of our justice system and a swift dismissal of all of the Witch Hunts, including the Democrat-funded Carroll Hoaxes, the defense of which the Attorney General has determined is legally required to be taken over by the Department of Justice because Carroll based her false claims on the President’s official acts, including statements from the White House,” the statement read.

“President Trump will keep winning against Liberal Lawfare, as he is focusing on his mission to Make America Great Again.”

E. Jean Carroll Reveals Why She’ll Give Away Her $80M From Trump: ‘To P*** Him Off’
E. Jean Carroll said she’ll give away any Trump winnings “to p*** him off.” CNN

Earlier this month, Trump suffered another blow in the lower courts when the 2nd Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in Manhattan declined to reconsider its Dec. 30 ruling, which affirmed that he was responsible for both the sexual assault and the resulting defamation.

The solicitor general, D. John Sauer, acted in the most recent portion of the case for Trump. He has been contacted for comment via the Department of Justice.

The post E. Jean Carroll Trolls Trump as His Appeal Fails in $5M Sexual Abuse and Defamation Case appeared first on The Daily Beast.

Tags: Politics
Share199Tweet125Share
The Manhattan Park That Keeps Children Locked Out
News

The Manhattan Park That Keeps Children Locked Out

by New York Times
August 31, 2025

While a flurry of pedestrians and cyclists stream along a walkway on the George Washington Bridge, time stands still at ...

Read more
News

‘I Stood on the Corner Dreading the Long, Humid Wait for the Subway’

August 31, 2025
News

After Eight Years, a Kids Section Says Goodbye

August 31, 2025
News

Beaten and Choked at a U.N. Mission, Then Arrested by the N.Y.P.D.

August 31, 2025
News

This couple quit stable Microsoft jobs over its oil and gas ties. Now they are pressuring it from the outside.

August 31, 2025
Ostapenko apologises to Townsend for ‘no education’ comments

Ostapenko apologises to Townsend for ‘no education’ comments

August 31, 2025
Germany updates: Merkel’s ‘Wir schaffen das!’ 10 years on

Germany updates: Merkel’s ‘Wir schaffen das!’ 10 years on

August 31, 2025
UCLA’s big training camp secret exposed by Utah in Bruins’ blowout loss

UCLA’s big training camp secret exposed by Utah in Bruins’ blowout loss

August 31, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.