DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Boulder attack suspect attempted to buy handgun in November but was denied: Officials

June 4, 2025
in News, U.S.
Boulder attack suspect attempted to buy handgun in November but was denied: Officials
494
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The suspect in Sunday’s attack in Boulder attempted in November to purchase a handgun, but was denied, according to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

Mohamed Sabry Soliman, 45, the suspect, attempted to purchase the weapon on Nov. 22, 2024, but was denied based on National Instant Criminal Background Check System, according to the bureau.

The reason for his denial wasn’t disclosed. He didn’t appeal the denial, the bureau said.

About a month later, on Dec. 30, 2024, CBI denied his application for a concealed handgun permit.

Soliman has been charged with a federal hate crime and state charges, including 16 counts of attempted first-degree murder, according to court documents. He appeared in court virtually on Monday. He has yet to enter a plea.

His wife and children are in the custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the family is being processed for expedited removal, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

“We are investigating to what extent his family knew about this heinous attack, if they had knowledge of it, or if they provided support to it,” Secretary of Homeland Security Kristi Noem said Tuesday. “I am continuing to pray for the victims of this attack and their families. Justice will be served.”

Soliman — who was arrested after allegedly throwing Molotov cocktails in an “act of terrorism” during a demonstration advocating for hostages being held in Gaza on Sunday on Sunday — has been in the U.S. on an expired tourist visa, officials said.

The father of five was granted a work permit, but that had also expired in March.

Soliman was born in Egypt and lived in Kuwait for 17 years before moving to Colorado Springs three years ago, court documents said.

Soliman allegedly said he had been planning Sunday’s attack for one year but waited until his daughter graduated from high school last Thursday to carry it out, state and federal documents said.

Sixteen unused Molotov cocktails were within “arm’s reach” of the suspect when he was arrested, FBI Denver Special Agent in Charge Mark Michalek said on Monday.

The unlit Molotov cocktails were “comprised of glass wine carafe bottles or Ball jars containing clear liquid and red rags hanging out of the bottles,” court documents said. Police also found a “backpack weed sprayer, potentially containing a flammable substance. The clear liquid in the glass bottles and weed sprayer was determined to be 87 octane gasoline, which was determined to contain xylene.”

ABC News’ Kevin Shalvey, Emily Shapiro and Luke Barr contributed to this report.

The post Boulder attack suspect attempted to buy handgun in November but was denied: Officials appeared first on ABC News.

Share198Tweet124Share
I tried and ranked every shake at Shake Shack. A classic earned the No. 1 spot.
News

I tried and ranked every shake at Shake Shack. A classic earned the No. 1 spot.

by Business Insider
August 29, 2025

Four flavors of Shake Shack shakes.Gabbi Shaw/Business InsiderOver the course of the summer, I embarked on a grueling mission: to ...

Read more
News

Phillies Being Called to Swing Blockbuster Trade for 2023 Postseason Hero

August 29, 2025
News

Are AI and Democracy Compatible?

August 29, 2025
News

Breaking Down the Sweet Ending of Love Untangled

August 29, 2025
News

Why the Texas Democrats’ Walkout Worked

August 29, 2025
Abercrombie & Fitch made a huge comeback with Gen Z shoppers. Here’s where it started versus how it’s going.

Abercrombie & Fitch made a huge comeback with Gen Z shoppers. Here’s where it started versus how it’s going.

August 29, 2025
How Intuit killed the chatbot crutch – and built an agentic AI playbook you can copy

How Intuit killed the chatbot crutch – and built an agentic AI playbook you can copy

August 29, 2025
Why the nicotine myth might be the most lethal public health lie

Why the nicotine myth might be the most lethal public health lie

August 29, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.