DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

BBC Defends Itself & Calls For “Support” From White House After Donald Trump Administration Accuses Broadcaster Of Taking Down Gaza Story

June 4, 2025
in News
BBC Defends Itself & Calls For “Support” From White House After Donald Trump Administration Accuses Broadcaster Of Taking Down Gaza Story
495
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The BBC has been forced on the defensive after Donald Trump‘s White House accused the national broadcaster of taking down a story about the Israel-Hamas war.

Yesterday, Trump’s press sec Karoline Leavitt claimed that the BBC had to “correct and take down” an article about fatalities and injuries near an aid distribution centre in Rafah, Gaza.

The BBC hit back this morning, saying Leavitt was “completely wrong” to say the story was removed and had instead been updating its headline through the day.

“We did not remove any story and we stand by our journalism,” said a BBC statement. “Our news stories and headlines about Sunday’s aid distribution centre incident were updated throughout the day with the latest fatality figures as they came in from various sources. These were always clearly attributed, from the first figure of 15 from medics, through the 31 killed from the Hamas-run health ministry to the final Red Cross statement of ‘at least 21’ at their field hospital. This is totally normal practice on any fast-moving news story.”

The BBC concluded that it would “welcome the support of the White House” in its call for “immediate access” to Gaza, with international journalists currently banned from the region.

But this may not be the case anytime soon. Leavitt had earlier criticized “some in the media,” appearing to refer in part to the BBC, as “taking the word of Hamas with total truth.”

BBC reporting on the 20-month-long-war has been consistently under the spotlight, thrown up in the past 24 hours by Leavitt’s criticism.

At least 27 Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire close to the aid point on Tuesday, Hamas-backed local officials said. Speaking earlier to the BBC, the head of the International Committee of the Red Cross said Gaza has become “worse than hell on Earth.”

The post BBC Defends Itself & Calls For “Support” From White House After Donald Trump Administration Accuses Broadcaster Of Taking Down Gaza Story appeared first on Deadline.

Tags: BBCDonald TrumpGazaIsrael-Hamas warkaroline leavittWhite House
Share198Tweet124Share
NC election official resigns after police say they caught him drugging teenagers’ ice cream
News

NC election official resigns after police say they caught him drugging teenagers’ ice cream

by TheBlaze
August 30, 2025

The head of the Surry County Board of Elections in North Carolina resigned after police say he was caught on ...

Read more
News

ICE Barbie Fires Dozens of FEMA Staffers After ‘Threat Actor’ Breach

August 30, 2025
News

English flag campaign: Patriotism or far-right aggression?

August 30, 2025
News

‘H Is For Hawk’ Review: Claire Foy Soars High In True Drama About A Woman And A Goshawk Who Bond Over Life And Loss – Telluride Film Festival

August 30, 2025
News

Red Sox replace World Series star Buehler with prospect Payton Tolle and get a gem in his MLB debut

August 30, 2025
Meta changes the way its AI chatbot responds to kids after senator launches probe into its conversations with teens

Meta changes the way its AI chatbot responds to kids after senator launches probe into its conversations with teens

August 30, 2025
Colorado adds mobile bathroom near team bench for season opener after Deion Sanders’ bladder cancer treatment

Colorado adds mobile bathroom near team bench for season opener after Deion Sanders’ bladder cancer treatment

August 30, 2025
Frank Price, a Studio Chief Several Times Over, Dies at 95

Frank Price, Hollywood Studio Chief Several Times Over, Dies at 95

August 30, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.