DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

White House National Security Council hit by more firings weeks after Rubio took charge

May 24, 2025
in News, Politics
White House National Security Council hit by more firings weeks after Rubio took charge
496
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Dozens of White House National Security Council staffers were fired Friday as part of a “total overhaul” being conducted by interim national security adviser and Secretary of State Marco Rubio. 

“It’s a total overhaul, dozens if not more, departures,” one source close to the White House told The Post. 

“The president trusts Marco, and he has the green light to take bold action to ensure no one is undermining the president’s agenda,” the person added. 

Marco Rubio
Secretary of State Marco Rubio is also serving as acting national security adviser after the ousting of Mike Waltz. AP

The restructuring comes weeks after Rubio replaced Mike Waltz as national security adviser – whom President Trump tapped to serve as United Nations ambassador after the embarrassing “Signal-gate” scandal. 

The aim is to trim the NSC down to just a few dozen people, and the overhaul is expected to provide the State Department, Pentagon and other agencies greater authority in advising President Trump on national security matters, sources told Reuters. 

More than 300 staffers worked at the NSC under former President Joe Biden, but the council was half the size of that under Trump, even before Friday’s terminations. 

The staffers let go from the NSC will be moved to other roles in government, two sources told Reuters.

CNN reported that the termination notices went out to “more than 100” staffers, including career officials and political hires under Trump. 

donald trump
The restructuring is expected to grant more authority to the State Department and Defense Department. Getty Images

“Your return to home agency,” read the email subject line that fired NSC employees received, according to the outlet. 

Last month – weeks before Waltz’s removal as head of the NSC – the council underwent a smaller shakeup after Trump was urged by conservative activist Laura Loomer to fire several allegedly disloyal staffers. 

Loomer had presented the president with her “research findings” and complained about the lack of proper “vetting” at the NSC before the terminations. 

Trump later confirmed he met with Loomer and got her advice — but said the firings weren’t prompted by the meeting. 

The White House did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment.

The post White House National Security Council hit by more firings weeks after Rubio took charge appeared first on New York Post.

Tags: Donald TrumpMarco RubioNational SecurityWhite House
Share198Tweet124Share
Donald Trump to Skip India Trip Amid Cooled Relationship With Modi—Report
News

Donald Trump to Skip India Trip Amid Cooled Relationship With Modi—Report

by Newsweek
August 30, 2025

President Donald Trump has decided not to visit India for the Quad meeting later this year as relations between him ...

Read more
Football

How to Watch Georgia State vs Ole Miss: Live Stream NCAA College Football, TV Channel

August 30, 2025
News

Verizon customers report phone outages, with devices limited to SOS mode

August 30, 2025
News

Priest who had sex on church altar getting his confiscated electronics back

August 30, 2025
News

Trump, 79, Goes Full Grumpy Old Man in Rant Over Scratched Rose Garden Stone

August 30, 2025
Former NFL QB Sounds Injury Alarm About Texas’ Arch Manning

ESPN’s Dan Orlovsky Slams Texas’ Steve Sarkisian Over Arch Manning Decision

August 30, 2025
Chicago mayor signs order to resist possible Trump troop deployment

Chicago mayor signs order to resist possible Trump troop deployment

August 30, 2025
Syracuse defender’s ‘suspicious’ injury during Tennessee game draws sharp criticism from announcers

Syracuse defender’s ‘suspicious’ injury during Tennessee game draws sharp criticism from announcers

August 30, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.