DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News World Middle East

Trump set to receive $400 million ‘flying palace’ from Qatar to use as Air Force One: report

May 11, 2025
in Middle East, News, Politics
Trump set to receive $400 million ‘flying palace’  from Qatar to use as Air Force One: report
509
SHARES
1.5k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

President Trump is set to receive a “flying palace” Boeing 747-8 jumbo jet from Qatar’s royal family, which he will use as Air Force One, according to a report.

Trump, 78, intends to use the aircraft — called the most luxurious private jet in the world — as an interim presidential jet while Boeing completes the next generation Air Force One fleet following years of frustrating delays and cost-overruns.

The jumbo-jet, valued at $400 million, will then potentially transferred it to the Trump presidential library foundation as the president leaves office, sources told ABC News.

Qatari jet
The Qatar jumbo jet is said to be very opulently configured. AP

The president is heading to the Middle East this week for his second foreign trip of his second term, and will swing through Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.

Officials are expected to unveil the plans during Trump’s stop in Qatar, according to the report.

Trump previously toured the luxurious plane at West Palm Beach International Airport in February.

Over recent weeks, the Trump administration tapped defense contractor L3Harris to tune up the Boeing 747, which had previously been used by Qatar’s royal family, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Trump to wants the aircraft ready as early as the fall, according to the Journal.

During his first term, the Trump administration awarded Boeing a $3.9 billion contract in 2018 to produce two new presidential planes for use as Air Force One. That project is not set be get completed until 2029, according to an estimate from Boeing last year.

President Trump
President Trump is reportedly frustrated by the delays that have dogged the manufacturing of the next-generation Air Force One. AFP via Getty Images

At the moment, the US has two old Boeing 747-200 jumbo jets for Air Force One — the designation for any airplane that the president is on — which have been in operation since the 1990s.

Air Force One jets have to be equipped with state-of-the-art communications and defensive systems to protect the commander-in-chief, which makes its development expensive and complicated.

Some military officials had been hoping to add a third jet to the fleet as a backup for maintenance purposes.

President Trump
President Trump is fond of his design for the next generation of Air Force One. AFP via Getty Images

The president was personally involved in designing the color scheme of the next generation Air Force One planes and handling some fine points of the negotiation, frequently crowing about how he pushed the price down.

That project has since been hit with a series of delays and cost overruns.

Tech baron Elon Musk reportedly got involved in the Trump administration’s efforts to figure out what to do about Boeing’s delays and struggles to produce the next generation of Air Force One.

Qatari Emir, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani
The Trump administration has been preparing to defend the move from emoluments concerns. APAImages/Shutterstock

Ahead of unveiling the plan for Qatar’s “flying palace,” the Trump administration has assessed potential legal fallout, according to ABC.

The Constitution stipulates that “No Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument.”

Attorney General Pam Bondi and top White House lawyer David Warrington looked into the matter and concluded the plan is “legally permissible,” ABC News reported.

They concluded that receiving the plane is above board because it is not being given to the president conditioned on an official act.

The Post contacted the White House and Qatari Embassy for comment.

The post Trump set to receive $400 million ‘flying palace’ from Qatar to use as Air Force One: report appeared first on New York Post.

Tags: air force oneDonald Trumpforeign policyMiddle EastQatar
Share204Tweet127Share
Salad kits sold in Alabama, Tennessee and 23 other states recalled
News

Salad kits sold in 25 states, including California, recalled

by KTLA
August 29, 2025

(WHTM) — Taylor Fresh Foods is recalling salad kits that were sold in 25 states, including California. According to the ...

Read more
News

Alabama Supreme Court tosses medical malpractice lawsuit over vision loss, says it was filed too late

August 29, 2025
News

Trump Is Ruling by Willful Blindness

August 29, 2025
Health

Trump’s new CDC chief: A Washington health insider with a libertarian streak

August 29, 2025
News

Heat Looking to Trade $96.3 Million Guard: Report

August 29, 2025
DC Dems are furious at Mayor Bowser for admitting Trump’s troops are lowering crime

DC Dems are furious at Mayor Bowser for admitting Trump’s troops are lowering crime

August 29, 2025
Iron Man in the Himalayas? China’s PLA embraces exoskeletons

Iron Man in the Himalayas? China’s PLA embraces exoskeletons

August 29, 2025
Frank Price, a Studio Chief Several Times Over, Dies at 95

Frank Price, a Studio Chief Several Times Over, Dies at 95

August 29, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.