DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Mexico’s president says she declined Trump’s offer for US military crackdown on cartels

May 4, 2025
in News, Politics
Mexico’s president says she declined Trump’s offer for US military crackdown on cartels
496
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum said Saturday she declined President Trump’s offer for US troops to crack down on the fentanyl produced by cartels in her country.

The world leaders spoke recently by phone when Trump broached the topic of making American military service members available for operations inside Mexico, where traffickers concoct the deadly synthetic opioid using precursor chemicals imported primarily from China.

“I told him, ‘No, President Trump, our territory is inviolable, our sovereignty is inviolable, our sovereignty is not for sale,’” Sheinbaum revealed during an event.

Mexico's President, Claudia Sheinbaum Pardo, speaks during a briefing conference about the national earthquake drill to held on April 29th and the functioning of the National Employment System at National Palace. on April 25, 2025 in Mexico City, Mexico.
Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum said Saturday she declined President Trump’s offer for US troops to crack down on the fentanyl produced by cartels south of the border. Luis Barron/eyepix / SplashNews.com

“We will never accept the presence of the United States Army in our territory,” she said.

The Mexican president noted that a Wall Street Journal report published Friday first recounting the call with the president was “true” though “not as described.”

Thousands of Mexican and US troops were already deployed to their respective sides of the border in February.

Since January, the Drug Enforcement Administration has seized thousands of kilos of fentanyl, enough to kill more than 119 million Americans, or roughly a third of the country, an agency spokesperson previously told The Post.

It remains the leading cause of death for Americans ages 18 to 44, according to the CDC.

Mexican troops patrol the U.S.-Mexico border on February 06, 2025 near Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.
Thousands of Mexican and US troops were already deployed to their respective sides of the border in February. Getty Images

Sheinbaum did accept an offer on the April 16 call to receive more intelligence from the US, per the report.

Trump was also asked by Mexico to thwart more arms traffickers crossing the border into Mexico.

Sheinbaum has previously claimed that her nation is cooperating with the US on stemming the tide of migration north as well as halting drug trafficking.

President Donald Trump gives a commencement address at the University of Alabama, Thursday, May 1, 2025, in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Trump was also asked by the US’ southern neighbor to thwart more arms traffickers crossing the border into Mexico. AP

“Decisive actions were taken against organized crime and fentanyl trafficking, as well as bilateral meetings on security and trade,” she said in March as the threat of 25% tariffs from the US against her country loomed.

Along with China and Canada, Mexico remains one of America’s largest trading partners, and Trump later relaxed the duties on goods exported into the US under a trade agreement he signed during his first term.

The 25% import tax on cars assembled in Mexico as well as steel and aluminum still remains.

The US-Mexico border fence is in eastern Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, on February 26, 2025.
“The territory to the immediate south of our border is now dominated entirely by criminal cartels that murder, rape, torture and exercise total control,” Trump told lawmakers in a joint speech to Congress in March. Carlos Moreno/NurPhoto/Shutterstock

“The cartels are waging war on America, and it’s time for America to wage war on the cartels, which we are doing,” Trump said in his first joint address to Congress that month.

“The territory to the immediate south of our border is now dominated entirely by criminal cartels that murder, rape, torture and exercise total control,” he told lawmakers.

Later in April, Trump told Fox Noticias host Rachel Campos-Duffy that Sheinbaum’s government remained “very, very afraid of the cartels.”

“We want to help her. We want to help Mexico, because you can’t run a country like that. You just can’t,” he said.

The post Mexico’s president says she declined Trump’s offer for US military crackdown on cartels appeared first on New York Post.

Tags: Donald TrumpDrug CartelsFentanylMexicoMilitary
Share198Tweet124Share
Republican Sen. Joni Ernst won’t seek reelection next year, source says
News

Republican Sen. Joni Ernst won’t seek reelection next year, source says

by ABC News
August 30, 2025

Iowa Republican Sen. Joni Ernst plans to announce that she will not run for reelection in 2026, a senior Republican ...

Read more
News

Tennis Star Apologizes For ‘No Education’ Outburst at U.S. Open

August 30, 2025
Football

How to Watch Rice vs Louisiana: Live Stream NCAA College Football, TV Channel

August 30, 2025
Football

Real Madrid beat Mallorca in La Liga, scoring twice in two minutes

August 30, 2025
News

Cowboys announce death of Super Bowl champion, ‘Doomsday Defense’ anchor Lee Roy Jordan

August 30, 2025
Donald Trump to Skip India Trip Amid Cooled Relationship With Modi—Report

Donald Trump to Skip India Trip Amid Cooled Relationship With Modi—Report

August 30, 2025
How to Watch Georgia State vs Ole Miss: Live Stream NCAA College Football, TV Channel

How to Watch Georgia State vs Ole Miss: Live Stream NCAA College Football, TV Channel

August 30, 2025
Verizon customers report phone outages, with devices limited to SOS mode

Verizon customers report phone outages, with devices limited to SOS mode

August 30, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.