Andy Cohen revealed that he contracted COVID-19 for the second time amid the Omicron outbreak sweeping the nation.
“I am so happy I could cry right now,” Cohen, 53, said on Monday’s episode of SiriusXM’s “Radio Andy.” “I had COVID. That’s why we were gone all last week. And the best news is I woke up this morning to a negative PCR test.”
Cohen explained that he received the COVID-19 booster shot and started to feel under the weather. At first, he assumed he was just feeling the side effects from getting the jab, but two days later, his health was only getting worse.
The Bravo honcho said he had to quarantine for 10 days and was unable to see his 2-year-old son, Benjamin, during that time. He added that he got “pretty sick” but is feeling “all better now” and will be reuniting with his child shortly.
Cohen first announced that he had come down with the virus for the second time earlier Monday when a fan asked him on Twitter if he had it again.
“Andy, did you get the covid and was that why all the WWHLs were reruns?” a fan tweeted, to which he responded, “Yes! All better now.”
As Page Six previously reported, Cohen first tested positive for COVID-19 back in March 2020.
“After a few days of self-quarantine, and not feeling great, I have tested positive for Coronavirus,” he announced on Instagram at the time. “As much as I felt like I could push through whatever I was feeling to do #WWHL from home, we’re putting a pin in that for now so I can focus on getting better.”
He described his symptoms at the time, saying he had a fever, chest tightness, a cough, chills, loss of taste and appetite, and “a lot of aches and pains in the body” and that he passed the time by watching “Game of Thrones,” “Tiger King” and Season 3 of “The Handmaid’s Tale.”
The post Andy Cohen reveals he contracted COVID-19 for a second time appeared first on Page Six.