Mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor has been hit with two injury lawsuits seeking millions in damages the same week he’s slated for a major fight, according to a report.
The two suits were filed in Dublin’s High Court on Monday by a woman who has known the UFC fighter for many years and her mother, according to a report by the Irish Independent.
An associate of the 32-year-old Irishman, nicknamed “Notorious,” was also named as a defendant in the cases, the outlet reported.
“Proceedings have been served,” plaintiff lawyer Dave Coleman told the outlet. “We can make no further comment as the matter is before the courts.”
The news site did not disclose further details about the allegations in the suit, citing legal reasons. It also did not say how much McGregor was being sued for, only to say it was in the “multi-million Euro” range.
But it did note that the suit related to a matter that was previously investigated by Irish police.
In September, McGregor was arrested on allegations of attempted sexual assault and indecent exposure. He denied any wrongdoing.
Prosecutors declined to bring charges related to those allegations.
“After an exhaustive investigation conducted by the [police] which, in addition to interviews of the plaintiff, included interviewing numerous sources, obtaining witnesses’ statements, examining closed circuit footage and the cooperation of Conor McGregor, these allegations were categorically rejected,” McGregor rep Karen J. Kessler told the Irish Independent.
“The plaintiff knows the facts contradict the assertions in this lawsuit. Mr. McGregor will dispute any claims and is confident that justice will prevail,” Kessler said.
The suits come the same week that McGregor is set to fight for the first time in a year on Saturday in a match against Dustin Poirier.
The post Conor McGregor reportedly hit with two injury suits seeking millions appeared first on New York Post.