Only the luckiest ones out there get to call someone their sister, and the first Sunday in August is the best day to properly acknowledge what those invaluable family members mean to you. With it officially being National Sisters Day, this is the perfect time to show your appreciation for your special sibling and the place they have in your life.
Whether you’re acknowledging the older sibling who could get really bossy but that you secretly looked up to, or you’re honoring that totally obnoxious but amazing younger sibling you secretly adored, here are 14 special sayings and quotes from Parade, Country Living and Love To Know about the bond you share.
For The Sisters With A Very Sentimental Relationship:
- “Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister?”- Alice Walker
- “But the love of sisters needs no words. It does not depend on memories, or mementos, or proof. It runs as deep as a heartbeat. It is as ever present as a pulse.”- Lisa Wingate
For The Sisters Who Are Truly Best Friends:
- “Sister make the best friends in the world.”- Marilyn Monroe
- “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.”- Amy Li
- “Our roots say we’re sisters, our hearts say we’re friends.”- Unknown
- “You’re my sister and my best friend. If you think otherwise, just remember I know all your secrets.” – Unknown
For The Sisters Who Always Have One Another’s Backs:
- “Don’t talk about my sister; don’t play with me about my sister. If you do, you’ll see another side of me.”- Beyonce
- “My sister… is the person who keeps me in line, whether I like it or not. I trust her and also have a good, healthy fear of her.”- Katy Perry
For The Sisters Who Enjoy A Good Laugh:
- “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.”- Pam Brown
- “Sister to sister we will always be, a couple of nuts off the family tree.”- Anonymous
- “If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child”-Linda Sunshine
- “I’m smiling because we’re sisters. I’m laughing because there’s nothing you can do about it.”- Anonymous
- “Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister, and lord help the sister who comes between me and my man.”- Irving Berlin
- “A sister is like a great bra-totally beautiful and super supportive.”- Unknown
The post National Sisters Day 2020: Fun And Sentimental Quotes To Share With Female Siblings appeared first on International Business Times.