Robert De Niro raised eyebrows Sunday morning, repeating a choice expletive twice in a live interview with CNN that ended up broadcasting two F-bombs without being censored.
While discussing his outspoken, blunt disdain for President Donald Trump, De Niro, 76, told Brian Stelter on CNN’s “Reliable Sources” that he believed Democrats have “no choice” but to impeach the president.
“There’s no way around it,” the actor said. “This guy has done everything possible, much worse than I ever thought, ever. The day after he was elected, I said, ‘Well, I’ll give him a chance. You never know.’ He is worse than I ever could have imagined. … This guy should not be president, period.”
At the 2018 Tony Awards, De Niro made headlines when he exclaimed, “(Expletive) Trump!” onstage, though censors bleeped him before his cursing made it to the broadcast. Stelter brought up the incident, asking De Niro to clarify comments he made previously about Fox News coming after him as a result of the speech.
“(Expletive) ’em. (Expletive) ’em,” said DeNiro, this time uncensored, before Stelter chimed in to warn the actor that while cursing on a cable show isn’t a Federal Communications Commission violation, it was still a Sunday morning news show. (Translation: Not illegal, but still taking things too far.)
“Sorry,” DeNiro said. “But let me say something: We are at a moment in our lives in this country. This guy is like a gangster. He’s come along and he’s said things and we’ve said over and over again, ‘This is terrible. This is a terrible situation.’ And this guy just keeps going on and on and on without being stopped.”
Stelter ended the segment by cutting to a commercial.
The post Robert De Niro drops F-bombs in CNN interview about a Trump impeachment and Fox News appeared first on USA Today.