Sometimes, it’s better to just forget someone and move on without making any dramatic statements.
A fire was reported in an apartment building in Nebraska, according to the local fire department. Apparently, the cause of the blaze was an unusual culprit: heartbreak.
The Lincoln Fire Department posted about the incident on its Facebook page, where they revealed that the fire was allegedly caused by a young woman burning letters from her ex. Apparently, she had trouble actually igniting them, so she reportedly left the romantic messages “smoldering” on her carpet while she took a nap.
According to the Facebook post, “On September 16th, shortly after 4:30 p.m., LPD and LFR responded to a fire at an apartment complex near 46th and Meredeth Street. LFR extinguished a fire on the third floor of the apartment that caused approximately $4,000 in damage. Officers discovered a 19-year-old woman lit letters from her ex on fire and left them on the carpet before taking a nap.”
The post continues to reveal that the woman, “reported they weren’t starting on fire like she thought they would so she set them on the carpet and went to take a nap. She woke a short time later to the smoke detector sounding. The woman was cited for negligent burning.”
The fire burned the apartment’s balcony and caused approximately $4,000 in damage, Yahoo Lifestyle reports.
In a statement obtained by Yahoo Lifestyle, a spokesperson for the local police department said, “The woman told officers that she didn’t mean for the fire to spread. We wish she hadn’t done it.”
The post Woman tries to burn letters from her ex, ignites apartment instead: report appeared first on Fox News.