DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

High-speed rail CEO on leave after news of arrest on suspicion of domestic battery

February 18, 2026
in News
High-Speed Rail CEO arrested on suspicion of domestic violence

SACRAMENTO — The head of California’s High-Speed Rail Authority took a voluntary leave Tuesday after news reports circulated about his recent arrest on suspicion of domestic battery against a spouse.

Ian Choudri was arrested Feb. 4 at his Folsom home in the 500 block of Borges Court.

The rail authority said in a statement Tuesday that Choudri agreed to take a temporary leave to allow its board of directors and the California State Transportation Agency to review and assess the situation.

Choudri’s attorney said Monday that the Sacramento County district attorney’s office declined to file charges in the case. Police were called to Choudri’s home by a third party, Choudri’s attorney told The Times.

“This matter is over and no further action will be taken,” said Allen Sawyer, who is representing Choudri.

The district attorney’s office did not respond to a request for comment.

Choudri is among the highest-paid state employees in California, having earned $563,000 last year, according to payroll records obtained by The Times from the state controller’s office.

The High-Speed Rail Authority did not answer a question about whether Choudri would receive pay during his absence.

The board of directors is scheduled to meet next on March 4.

The day before his arrest, Choudri had appeared with Gov. Gavin Newsom in Kern County to announce the completion of a 150-acre facility that would serve as a hub for construction of the high-speed rail project in the San Joaquin Valley.

California’s grand vision for a bullet train, originally to connect San Francisco to Los Angeles, has become a flash point in national politics.

President Trump and Republicans have seized on the billions of dollars in cost overruns and slow progress to cast the project as a Democratic boondoggle and waste of taxpayer money.

Newsom, eager to show some advancement before he leaves office, has refocused construction on building a segment from Merced to Bakersfield. His office said earlier this month that 119 miles were under construction and 58 structures, including bridges, overpasses and viaducts, have been completed.

The California High-Speed Rail Authority’s Board of Directors approved Choudri as chief executive in August 2024. Newsom praised the decision and commended his more than 30 years of experience in the transportation sector.

Choudri replaced former CEO Brian Kelly, who retired. Choudri joined the agency from HNTB Corp., an infrastructure design firm where he previously held the position of senior vice president.

Choudri did not respond to requests for comment. Newsom’s office directed questions to the High-Speed Rail Authority.

The post High-speed rail CEO on leave after news of arrest on suspicion of domestic battery appeared first on Los Angeles Times.

‘Sentimental Value’ isn’t a critique of Netflix. ‘It’s an encouragement’
News

‘Sentimental Value’ isn’t a critique of Netflix. ‘It’s an encouragement’

by Los Angeles Times
February 18, 2026

Joachim Trier’s “Sentimental Value” is nominated for an impressive nine Academy Awards, among them the first best picture nod for ...

Read more
News

It takes only six minutes to renew your passport. Here’s how.

February 18, 2026
News

Highguard Dev Breaks Silence After Website Shutdown – Promises More Updates

February 18, 2026
News

Insiders Reveal ‘Fed Up’ Trump Dangerously Close to Unleashing Major War

February 18, 2026
News

Tonight’s Moon Phase: February 18, 2026

February 18, 2026
Starbucks investor group gears up for board fight over backsliding labor relations

Starbucks investor group gears up for board fight over backsliding labor relations

February 18, 2026
The 2020 ‘stolen election’ obsession: Cynical? Delusional? Reptilian?

The 2020 ‘stolen election’ obsession: Cynical? Delusional? Reptilian?

February 18, 2026
‘She has blown it’: Analyst says Noem has turned DHS into ‘disaster zone’ for Trump

‘She has blown it’: Analyst says Noem has turned DHS into ‘disaster zone’ for Trump

February 18, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026