DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Little Marco Hammered by 2028 Rival for Cringeworthy Vanity Fair Photo

December 18, 2025
in News, Politics
Little Marco Hammered by 2028 Rival for Cringeworthy Vanity Fair Photo

Even Marco Rubio’s pal JD Vance is making fun of the unflattering photos that accompanied Vanity Fair’s bombshell article about President Donald Trump’s inner circle.

The piece, which featured a series of shockingly candid interviews with White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles about Trump and his top advisers, also included glamor shots of Wiles, Rubio, Vance, and other key aides, including Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt and Deputy Chief of Staff Stephen Miller.

Rubio, however, also also the subject of two brutal solo images: an extreme close-up, black-and-white image in which his wrinkles and sun damage are clearly visible, and an odd shot of him standing in front of a bare wall and looking down at a lamp.

Late Wednesday night, Rubio posted the lamp photo and captioned it, “#NewProfilePic.” As of Thursday morning, the image was indeed his new profile photo on the social media platform X.

In response, Vance—who had offered the photographer money in exchange for making Rubio look worse than him—wrote, “I guess I owe that guy $1,000.”

Marco Rubio and JD Vance's X posts.
X.com

The comment was a reference to an editor’s note from global editorial director Mark Guiducci, who described what it was like for the magazine to visit the White House for the photo shoots.

“We’re all going to get fired for this,” one of the officials said.

“Except for me,” Vance replied. “I have 100 percent job security.”

When it was time for photographer Christopher Anderson to photograph Vance individually, he told the production team, “I’ll give you $100 for every person you make look really s—-y compared to me. And $1,000 if it’s Marco.”

Apparently as requested, the lamp photo of Rubio accompanied the editor’s note.

In the accompanying articles, Wiles gave her unfiltered views on Trump and Vance describing the president as having “an alcoholic’s personality” and saying the vice president had been a “conspiracy theorist for a decade.”

She also discussed Vance and Rubio’s transformation from anti-Trump Republicans to MAGA acolytes, describing Vance’s conversion as “sort of political” since he needed Trump’s endorsement for his successful 2022 Senate race.

Soon after the piece was published on Tuesday, Trump’s cabinet went into damage-control mode and issued similar statements blasting Vanity Fair and praising Wiles, who also tried to distance herself from the piece.

In a statement posted to X, Wiles called the story a “hit piece” and claimed that “significant context was disregarded.”

President Donald Trump, accompanied by White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles (R), speaks in the Oval Office of the White House on February 04, 2025 in Washington, DC.
Susie Wiles accused Vanity Fair of running a hit piece but didn’t deny anything in the story. Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

“I assume, after reading it, that this was done to paint an overwhelmingly chaotic and negative narrative about the President and our team,” she said. “None of this will stop our relentless pursuit of Making America Great Again!”

Rubio also wrote wrote on X that, “It is obvious to most people that Vanity Fair deliberately manipulated pictures and reported statements without context to try and make the WH team look bad.”

“And there is nobody more loyal or committed to President Trump’s mission than Susie Wiles,” he added.” She is one of the main reasons why we have a team that works together to carry out the President’s promises to the American people.”

But during an appearance on The Daily Beast Podcast, the journalist who wrote the piece, author Chris Whipple, said Wiles was enthusiastic about the idea of a story for Vanity Fair, calling her criticism after the fact a “non-denial denial.”

“It’s interesting that the White House has not disputed a single fact in the piece because we’re on absolutely solid ground,” he said. “Everything in that piece—everything Susie said—was on the record and on tape, by the way. So look, I understand that, you know, they’ve made a statement. It speaks for itself. But the Vanity Fair piece is absolutely solid, and all of her comments were on the record.”

So far, the White House has stood behind Wiles.

“President Trump has no greater or more loyal advisor than Susie,” Leavitt wrote on X. “The entire administration is grateful for her steady leadership and united fully behind her.”

The post Little Marco Hammered by 2028 Rival for Cringeworthy Vanity Fair Photo appeared first on The Daily Beast.

How a String of Rejections Led to This 2007 Pop One-Hit Wonder (That Will Be Stuck in Your Head for the Rest of the Day)
News

How a String of Rejections Led to This 2007 Pop One-Hit Wonder (That Will Be Stuck in Your Head for the Rest of the Day)

by VICE
February 20, 2026

The Ting Tings formed in 2007 as the duo of Katie White and Jules De Martino. Before that, they formed ...

Read more
News

Trump’s Treasury Goon Sneers at Handing Back Tariff Loot

February 20, 2026
News

The U.S. Tariffs Causing the Most Pain for Canada Remain in Place

February 20, 2026
News

Conservative Supreme Court just ‘trapped’ top Republicans: report

February 20, 2026
News

Some Readers Thought Those Little Olympians Were A.I. Here’s How We Made Them.

February 20, 2026
‘Shaky’: Economist says desperate Trump’s new tariff ploy is already full of holes

‘Shaky’: Economist says desperate Trump’s new tariff ploy is already full of holes

February 20, 2026
A.I. Is Coming for the 2026 Midterms

A.I. Is Coming for the 2026 Midterms

February 20, 2026
Trump, 79, Squeals From Darkened Room at ‘Lap Dog’ Justices

Trump, 79, Squeals From Darkened Room at ‘Lap Dog’ Justices

February 20, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026