DNYUZ
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Television
    • Theater
    • Gaming
    • Sports
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Israeli PM Netanyahu’s office denies ‘intensive contact’ with ousted national security adviser Mike Waltz on Iran nuke talks

May 3, 2025
in News, Politics
Israeli PM Netanyahu’s office denies ‘intensive contact’ with ousted national security adviser Mike Waltz on Iran nuke talks
495
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

WASHINGTON — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office denied a published report that ousted national security adviser Mike Waltz had “intensive contact” with him to push for the obliteration of Iran’s nuclear sites rather than find a diplomatic solution — apparently infuriating President Trump.

“Contrary to the Washington Post report, PM Netanyahu did not have intensive contact with Mike Waltz on Iran,” the office said in a statement Saturday hours after the outlet cited unnamed sources claiming the ex-Florida pol was keen on the US pursuing military action against Tehran’s nuke sites.

“PM Netanyahu had a warm meeting with Mike Waltz and Steve Witkoff at Blair House in February prior to the Prime Minister’s meeting with President Trump at the White House,” Netanyahu’s team added.

National Security Advisor Mike Waltz speaks with the media following meetings with a Ukrainian delegation in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, March 11, 2025. In the Saudi-hosted talks, Ukraine is to present the US with a plan for a partial ceasefire with Russia, hoping to restore support from its key benefactor, which under President Donald Trump has demanded concessions to end the three-year war.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office is pushing back on a report that ousted national security adviser Mike Waltz had “intensive contact” with him about obliterating Iran’s nuclear program — apparently infuriating President Trump. via REUTERS

“Mike Waltz also joined VP JD Vance in a meeting with the PM before leaving Washington. Since then, the PM, the former National Security Advisor and Steve Witkoff had one phone conversion that did not deal with Iran.”

The statement cuts against comments from a senior White House official, Trump adviser and other unidentified sources who claimed to WaPo the former Green Beret wasn’t just ousted for having added a journalist to a private, Cabinet-level Signal chat discussing strikes on Houthi terrorists but also because of his hawkish stance on Iran.

One of the sources said Waltz “wanted to take US policy in a direction Trump wasn’t comfortable with because the US hadn’t attempted a diplomatic solution.”

President Donald Trump (R) meets with Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, DC, on February 4, 2025.
“Contrary to the Washington Post report, PM Netanyahu did not have intensive contact with Mike Waltz on Iran,” the Israeli leader’s office said in a statement Saturday. AFP via Getty Images

“It got back to Trump and the president wasn’t happy with it,” the source said.

On Tuesday, the then-national security adviser told The Post that the president had been clear about pursuing “all options,” military or otherwise, to halt Tehran’s regime from getting a nuclear bomb.

“Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon, and the president has been there repeatedly and he is absolutely serious about it,” Waltz said.

The president also batted down earlier reports that he “stopped” Netanyahu from launching strikes on Iran’s uranium enrichment sites. GoogleEarthPro

But Trump also told Time magazine last week the US will not be “dragged in” to a war with Iran as his officials — including Special Presidential Envoy for the Middle East Steve Witkoff — discuss ways to prevent the theocratic regime from enriching enough uranium to make the weapon.

“He may go into a war. But we’re not getting dragged in,” Trump said of Netanyahu. “I may go in very willingly if we can’t get a deal. If we don’t make a deal, I’ll be leading the pack.”

The president also batted down earlier reports that he “stopped” Netanyahu from launching strikes on Iran’s uranium enrichment sites.

US Middle East envoy Steve Witkoff attends an interview after participating in a meeting with U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio, U.S. National Security Advisor Mike Waltz, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian President Vladimir Putin's foreign policy advisor Yuri Ushakov, at Diriyah Palace, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, February 18, 2025.
Trump also told Time magazine the US will not be “dragged in” to a war with Iran as his officials — including Special Presidential Envoy for the Middle East Steve Witkoff — discuss ways to prevent it from getting a nuclear bomb. REUTERS

“I didn’t make it comfortable for them, because I think we can make a deal without the attack,” he noted. “I hope we can. It’s possible we’ll have to attack because Iran will not have a nuclear weapon.”

“I didn’t make it comfortable for them, but I didn’t say no,” he added. “Ultimately I was going to leave that choice to them, but I said I would much prefer a deal than bombs being dropped.”

In February, the UN’s nuclear watchdog warned that Tehran’s uranium enrichment was nearing weapons-grade levels.

This handout picture released by the Israeli government press office (GPO) shows Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (C) during a visit to the northern Gaza Strip, on April 15, 2025.
In April, Netanyahu said if it weren’t for his past actions, “Iran would have had a nuclear weapon 10 years ago.” GPO/AFP via Getty Images

In April, Netanyahu said if it weren’t for his past actions, “Iran would have had a nuclear weapon 10 years ago.”

Secretary of State Marco Rubio succeeded Waltz as acting national security adviser on Thursday, becoming the first cabinet official to hold both titles since Henry Kissinger, who served in that capacity from 1973 to 1975 under former President Richard Nixon.

Trump appointed Waltz as his nominee for US ambassador to the UN the same day.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio smiles during a meet with French Foreign Minister Jean-Noel Barrot at the State Department in Washington, D.C., U.S., May 1, 2025.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio succeeded Waltz as acting national security adviser on Thursday, becoming the first cabinet official to hold both titles since Henry Kissinger. REUTERS

“From his time in uniform on the battlefield, in Congress and, as my National Security Advisor, Mike Waltz has worked hard to put our Nation’s Interests first,” the president posted on his Truth Social. “I know he will do the same in his new role.”

“We congratulate Mr. Waltz on his important appointment to the UN,” Netanyahu’s office also said in their statement.

Reps for the White House, Waltz and Witkoff did not respond to requests for comment.

The post Israeli PM Netanyahu’s office denies ‘intensive contact’ with ousted national security adviser Mike Waltz on Iran nuke talks appeared first on New York Post.

Tags: Benjamin NetanyahuDonald TrumpIranMike WaltzNuclear Weapons
Share198Tweet124Share
The sordid scandals and petty disputes behind NYC’s most beautiful fountains
News

The sordid scandals and petty disputes behind NYC’s most beautiful fountains

by New York Post
August 30, 2025

“Fountains are more than just decorative features,” Stephanie Azzarone, a 72-year-old native New Yorker and history buff, told The Post. ...

Read more
News

Behind the scenes of the US Army’s first air-to-air kill with an FPV drone

August 30, 2025
News

Detroit Tigers’ $15 Million Offseason Signing Aging Like Spoiled Milk

August 30, 2025
News

Behind Thai Premier’s Dismissal, Unraveling of an Uneasy Alliance

August 30, 2025
News

Tarleton State shocks Army with double OT victory

August 30, 2025
Yes, Cash Transfers Work

Yes, Cash Transfers Work

August 30, 2025
I helped my daughter through the chaotic college application process. But there’s one aspect no one talks about: the waiting.

I helped my daughter through the chaotic college application process. But there’s one aspect no one talks about: the waiting.

August 30, 2025
Parts of L.A. County will see sweltering temps around Labor Day, forecasters say

Parts of L.A. County will see sweltering temps around Labor Day, forecasters say

August 30, 2025

Copyright © 2025.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • U.S.
    • World
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Business
    • Crime
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Science
  • Entertainment
    • Culture
    • Gaming
    • Music
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Television
    • Theater
  • Tech
    • Apps
    • Autos
    • Gear
    • Mobile
    • Startup
  • Lifestyle
    • Arts
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel

Copyright © 2025.