DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Is Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s return to the UK prompted by cash flow? ‘Anything that comes in instantly goes out’

August 21, 2026
in News
Is Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s return to the UK prompted by cash flow? ‘Anything that comes in instantly goes out’

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s shocking move back to the UK is fueled, at least in part, by them having more money going out of their bank accounts than coming in, sources tell Page Six.

The royal renegades will return to Harry’s homeland — a place Markle has said was really “damaging” for her—  before the end of the month, along with their children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, who are already enrolled in new schools there.

“I am sure there are a lot of reasons [for the move], but I do think cash is a big one,” said one insider.

Prince Harry, in a black tuxedo, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, in a one-shoulder black gown, attend the David Foster Foundation 40th Anniversary Celebration.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, seen earlier this month, were making – and spending – millions in the US. The David Foster Foundation via Getty Images

“They are not out of money,” stressed a source in the know — a sentiment echoed by another source as well, who pointed out that Harry has inherited a fortune from various relatives, adding, “They had more money than most even before Megxit!”

But, we are told, their expenses — including two mortgages on their $14.5 million Montecito, Calif., mansion, plus costs for household staff and a vacation home in Portugal — are so enormous that, as the insider said, “Anything that comes in instantly goes out.”

The couple, who have yet to announce how long their stay in the UK will be, also pay around $3 million a year for security.

As Page Six has previously reported, funds have been so tight that the Sussexes slashed staff. They are now down to four full-time members of staff, apart from their spokespeople. Previously, they are believed to have had around 17-18 staffers.

Aerial view of Harry and Meghan's Montecito home.
The Sussexes bought their mansion in Montecito, Calif. for $14.5 million, and we’re told they don’t plan to sell it or rent it out while they are in the UK. BACKGRID / BACKGRID
Prince Harry, in a white shirt and blue jeans, Meghan Markle, in a white dress, Prince Archie, in a white shirt and blue jeans, and Princess Lilibet in a blue dress, on a bridge in a garden.
Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet have already been enrolled in school in the UK ahead of their move later this month. meghan/Instagram

With their current costs, they need at least $6 million a year to live in the US, we’re told.

And, as Harry, 41, has been focusing on his philanthropy, Markle, 45, is basically the breadwinner in the family.

Although sales figures are not public, Markle’s As Ever lifestyle brand, including jams, honey and candles, is “doing well,” the source in the know claimed — adding that she will continue running it from Britain.

She and Harry have made more than $100 million from book deals and contracts with Netflix and Spotify.

Meghan Markle, in a white shirt, and Princess Lilibet in a yellow dress, arranging flowers in a pitcher outdoors.
Markle has featured Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet in her ads for her lifestyle brand, As Ever. Meghan Markle / Instagram

But the couple now face a multi-million dollar legal bill after Harry lost his recent privacy battleagainst Associated Newspapers, the publishers of the Daily Mail. He was joined by claimants including Sir Elton John and Elizabeth Hurley.

A two-day costs hearing took place at the end of July, as Associated sought up to £34.5 million ($47 million) in legal fees, but the formal written costs judgment remains pending.

Harry could be liable to pay around $2.6 million.

Sources previously told us that Harry does not have that kind of money lying around, and Elton John, who was a close friend of his mother, Princess Diana’s, may step in to financially assist him. Markle is less than thrilled by the verdict and never wanted her husband to embark on the court action in the first places, friends said.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, in an off-shoulder pink dress and pink hat, King Charles, in a red military jacket, blue sash and medals, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, in a black military jacket and medals, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, in a blue dress and straw hat, and Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, in a blue dress, on the balcony of Buckingham Palace.
Harry and his family will be reunited with King Charles, who continues to be treated for cancer. Samir Hussein/WireImage

One Hollywood insider wondered Thursday if, “Once their legal bill is handed down, do they get to keep that Montecito house?”

However, we’re told that, for now, the Sussexes do not plan to sell or rent their lavish property. 

Meanwhile, they already made cost-cutting measures that included scaling back their Archewell Foundation.

It is basically shuttered after the couple let nearly all the staff go and has been renamed Archewell Philanthropies, moving to a fiscal sponsorship model that outsourced most administrative operations.

Meghan Markle, in a white shirt, blue jeans and Minnie Mouse ears, Prince Harry, in a black T-shirt, jeans and khaki baseball cap, and their children, Prince Archie , in a black T-shirt and jeans, and Princess Lilibet, in a orange floral sundress, walk away from the camera at what appears to be a Disney theme park.
The UK will be a far world from California, where Archie and Lili are used to going to Disneyland with their parents. Meghan/ Instagram

Their US staff will continue to work from America following the Sussexes move, we’re told.

Harry made $20 million from Penguin Random House for his 2021 memoir, “Spare,” while their $25 million Spotify deal ended after just one season and 12 episodes of Markle’s “Archetypes” podcast — prompting Spotify exec and podcaster Bill Simmons to label them “grifters”.

Queen Elizabeth II, in a blue coat with turquoise trim and matching hat, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, in a navy blue dress and blue hat, and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, in a blue military jacket and medals, watch a flypast from a balcony.
Harry is believed to have inheritance from his grandmother, the late Queen Elizabeth II. Getty Images

Harry and Markle signed their Netflix deal back in September 2020 and breathless headlines proclaimed it to be worth $100 million.

Sources close to the contract, tell us, it was closer to $60 million — with a large portion set aside for overhead, not their own wallet.

We are told the Netflix exclusive deal hinged on one project, the “Harry and Meghan” documentary in which they would spill the beans on their fall-out with the royals. Everything else was secondary.

Prince William, in a blue coat and blue scarf, Kate Middleton in a red coat and red hat, Meghan Markle in a black coat and black dress and black hat, and Prince Harry, in a black coat, blue shirt and blue tie, walking together.
The Sussexes will be in the same country as Harry’s estranged big brother, Prince William, and his wife, Kate Middleton. Getty Images

After losing the exclusive deal last September, they have pivoted to a “first look deal,” which means they have to go to Netflix with any ideas first. Netflix, instance,  but the streamer refused to buy “Cookie Queens,” their most recent producing project.

With a first look deal, the studio or streamer typically pays overhead for the production company, even if zero projects come to fruition. That isn’t cheap, sources said.

The Sussexes have four projects with Netflix, which remain listed in development.

Archewell Productions is developing film adaptations of the bestselling military memoir “No Way Out: The Searing True Story of Men Under Siege” by Major Adam Jowett; and the romance novels “The Wedding Date” by Jasmine Guillory and “Meet Me at the Lake” by Carley Fortune.

Princess Lilibet, in a floral sundress, runs at Althorp.
While in the UK in July, Harry and Markle took their kids to Althorp, where their grandmother, Princess Diana is buried. meghan/Instagram

There is also a scripted polo drama centered around the competitive world of professional polo.

Harry founded Travalyst, an independent, non-profit organization in 2019 and continues to provide his time and advocacy on a pro-bono support basis, according to its website.

His passion projects are the Invictus Games project for wounded soldiers and his philanthropy work. Harry also joined the Silicon Valley mental-health startup BetterUp in 2021 as chief impact officer, earning a rumored $1 million annual salary.

He’s still listed on BetterUp’s website, and sources confirmed he still works there.

Prince William, in a red military jacket, with blue sash and medals, Kate Middleton in a blue coat with white trim and matching hat, Princess Charlotte, in a white dress, Prince George and Prince Louis in blue suits, at Trooping the Colour 2026.
Prince William and Kate Middleton – seen with children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis – have not spoken to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in more than two years. Getty Images

However, in August 2024, the Daily Beast reported that, according to some staffers, Harry’s duties with the company were nebulous, and one former employee told the outlet that the prince’s day-to-day responsibilities included “zero things.”

Harry, who received $20 million from Penguin Random House for his 2021 memoir “Spare,” has griped about cash in the past

in 2020, he told Oprah Winfrey the royal family had “literally cut me off financially,” saying, “I’ve got what my mum left me, and without that we would not have been able to [move to the US].” Harry said.

In her will, Princess Diana left both Harry and his brother, William, £6.5 million ($8.85 million) to be held in trusts until their 30th birthdays, The Telegraph reported. Harry’s trust gathered interest, and he reportedly received £10 million ($13.6 million)when he turned 30.

Meghan Markle, in a white shirt and white short and cream jacket, and Prince Harry, in a blue shirt and black jeans, holding hands while walking, with security personnel in the background.
It’s not yet known what security measures are being put in place for Harry and his family. Zak Hussein / BACKGRID

However, Charles’ reps maintained he had funded their move to the US.

A spokesperson for the Sussexes later clarified that Harry’s comments referred specifically to the first quarter of the palace’s fiscal cycle.

According to official Clarence House financial reports covering April 2020 through March 2021, Charles allocated a combined £4.5 million (roughly $6.3 million at the time) from his Duchy of Cornwall to support the households of both Prince William and Prince Harry.

Harry is also believed to have inheritance from the late Queen Elizabeth II, who had an estimated personal fortune of $500 million, alongside the late Queen Mother.

Page Six reported Wednesday that Harry and Markle are moving to spend more time with King Charles, 77  — who is being treated for cancer — and other family members and friends.

As Harry told the BBC last May “I don’t know how long my father has left.”

The post Is Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s return to the UK prompted by cash flow? ‘Anything that comes in instantly goes out’ appeared first on Page Six.

Florida Counts Its Election Ballots Fast. Why Can’t California Keep Up?
News

Florida Counts Its Election Ballots Fast. Why Can’t California Keep Up?

by New York Times
August 21, 2026

Three hours after polls closed on Tuesday night, Florida had reported enough ballots for The Associated Press to make calls ...

Read more
News

L.A. resident dies from West Nile virus; California cases hit 5-year high amid warming climate

August 21, 2026
News

UCLA quarterback Nico Iamaleava learns, and builds, on his experiences

August 21, 2026
News

Creepy new details emerge as Trump biographer exposes Natalie Harp’s letters in full

August 21, 2026
News

Def Leppard guitarist reveals recurring cancer after donor transplant

August 21, 2026
Staggering revelation about Trump’s closest aide sparks instant backlash

Dan Rather torches Trump’s latest ‘grift’ as ‘king of debt’ boast backfires

August 21, 2026
When to see the blood moon lunar eclipse in California

When to see the blood moon lunar eclipse in California

August 21, 2026
Perez Hilton granted visitation with kids under supervision weeks after alarming livestream

Perez Hilton granted visitation with kids under supervision weeks after alarming livestream

August 21, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026