The board that oversees Dulles International Airport on Wednesday approved a $15.5 billion budget to fund President Donald Trump’s massive proposed renovation of the airport.
The Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority board of directors voted to approve the proposal, which includes $3.75 billion to build new underground tunnels and replace the airport’s long-criticized shuttles, dubbed “people movers,” that transport passengers across the tarmac.
The vote comes after Trump announced in July a sweeping $22 billion plan to remake Dulles, including building new terminals, as part of his broader campaign to remake the Washington region.
Last month, Trump said the overhaul was needed because Dulles was in such bad shape. “Whether you’re a Republican or Democrat, you don’t want to go and be subjected to this airport because this airport is a terrible place to be,” he said.
The post Board overseeing Dulles Airport approves $15.5 billion to fund Trump renovation appeared first on Washington Post.




