DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
No Result
View All Result
DNYUZ
Home News

Former Compton gangster ‘Mob James’ refuses to rat out old enemy in Tupac Shakur murder trial

August 19, 2026
in News
Former Compton gangster ‘Mob James’ refuses to rat out old enemy in Tupac Shakur murder trial

A notorious former gangbanger scoffed at lawyers asking him about Tupac Shakur’s murder — daring the court to “treat me as a hostile witness” in fiery testimony on Tuesday. “Mob James” McDonald — former member of Compton’s Mob Piru Gang and private muscle for Death Row Records — scoffed at lawyerson both sides who peppered him with questions about the gang war that led to the rapper’s 1996 murder on the Las Vegas Strip. “I’m aware of a lot of things. Things that was going on. People ain’t talked about it in 30 years. Today ain’t one of them,” McDonald said as the prosecution attempted to tie the now 63-year-old Duane “Keffe D” Davis — of the rival South Side Compton Crips gang — to the murder plot.

Former Mob Piru Gange enforcer
Former Mob Piru Gang enforcer “Mob James” McDonald speaks in Las Vegas at the trial against Duane “Keffe D” Davis. AP Photo/John Locher
Duane
Duane “Keffe D” Davis appears in court for his murder trial related to the 1996 killing of rapper Tupac Shakur at the Clark County District Court Regional Justice Center in Las Vegas, Nevada Tuesday. via REUTERS
Tupac Shakur attends the premiere of
Tupac Shakur attends the premiere of “Poetic Justice” before his 1996 murder. Ron Galella Collection via Getty Images

McDonald was a lieutenant for Suge Knight, a fellow Mob Piru member and the head of Shakur’s label Death Row Records. “Me or anybody else raising up the dead is wrong,” McDonald said when asked to talk about the 30-year-old beef. “I don’t want to send [Davis] to prison. Even though we don’t like each other,” McDonald declared before ripping the court for forcing him to dredge up memories of the old life he wants to put behind him and protect his grandchildren from. McDonald’s testimony seemed to do little to help prove his former rival was the one who orchestrated Shakur’s murder.

Tupac Shakur smiling and giving a thumbs up, wearing a blue bandana and a striped jacket, holding a newspaper.
Tupac Shakur attends the premiere of “I Like It Like That” to benefit Women In Need. Ron Galella Collection via Getty Images
A photo of the bullet-riddled car Tupac Shakur was riding in during his shooting, displayed on a TV screen during a murder trial.
A 1996 photograph of the car that rapper Tupac Shakur was riding in when he was shot is displayed during the Duane Davis murder trial at the Clark County District Court Regional Justice Center in Las Vegas on Monday. Steve Marcus/POOL Reuters via AP

Prosecutors say Davis gave a gun to his nephew Orlando Anderson and told him to shoot Shakur as an “act of revenge” after the rapper and his pals beat Anderson up. It took more than 25 years to arrest and charge Davis, who has acknowledged that his nephew — now dead — was the one who fired the shots, but has denied giving the order. McDonald had been managing security at Suge Knight’s Las Vegas club, where Knight and Shakur were headed during the ambush. He said he knew who was and wasn’t present during the attack, but he wouldn’t name names — nor answer questions about the skirmishes that erupted in Compton after the murder. “You’re asking me something that’s gonna hurt this dude!” McDonald said to Davis’ attorney Michael Sanft.

A 1996 photo of Tupac Shakur and Marion
A 1996 photo of rapper Tupac Shakur and Marion “Suge” Knight is displayed during the Duane Davis murder trial at Clark County District Court at the Regional Justice Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Monday. POOL/AFP via Getty Images
MGM Resorts investigator Michael Ingram points to a map of the MGM Grand casino during testimony in the murder trial of Duane Davis.
Michael Ingram, investigator for MGM Resorts, points to a map of the MGM Grand casino as he testifies during the murder trial of Duane Davis, related to the 1996 killing of rapper Tupac Shakur Tuesday. POOL/AFP via Getty Images

The testimony ended in a shouting match with McDonald throwing up his hands and saying “I’m not answering nothing. I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Then, turning to Davis, he said: “Cover your lawyer, man. That dude is trippin.’” “I’m not gonna send him to prison. You are,” he said of his old enemy.

The post Former Compton gangster ‘Mob James’ refuses to rat out old enemy in Tupac Shakur murder trial appeared first on New York Post.

Director Griff Furst Under Fire for ‘Dark’ Energy Remark About Hayden Panettiere After Her Death
News

Director Griff Furst Under Fire for ‘Dark’ Energy Remark About Hayden Panettiere After Her Death

by TheWrap
August 19, 2026

Director Griff Furst came under fire Tuesday following his tribute for late actress Hayden Panettiere, with some blasting the post ...

Read more
News

ABC sues FCC, claiming First Amendment violations, escalating months-long feud

August 19, 2026
News

Trump’s pick for Wyoming governor is the latest endorsee to lose primary

August 19, 2026
News

Trump says he has paused 50% Canadian tariffs, touts last-minute deal

August 19, 2026
News

Taylor Sheridan reveals fate of long-awaited ‘Yellowstone’ spinoff ‘6666’

August 19, 2026
Oldest known Iberian orca found with potential shotgun wounds, sparking investigation from Spain officials

Oldest known Iberian orca found with potential shotgun wounds, sparking investigation from Spain officials

August 19, 2026
Devoted aide championed Trump’s pet project opposed by Melania: biographer

Devoted aide championed Trump’s pet project opposed by Melania: biographer

August 19, 2026
Congresswoman says target of ICE operation in fatal Maine shooting wasn’t up for removal

Congresswoman says target of ICE operation in fatal Maine shooting wasn’t up for removal

August 19, 2026

DNYUZ © 2026

No Result
View All Result

DNYUZ © 2026